exhaust routing pic request

-

roaddevil

Reaction score
From all the cars i ever done i think the early a bodys are pretty one of the most difficult ones for exhaust routing. Looks like they forgot it and ....
Well i looking for pictures of nice done exhaust systems of early a or even later ones. Especialy dual systems :) so please start to post

This is my 71 Scamp. Flowtech headers and Summit pipes to Thrush Turbos. The pipes fit amazingly well with very little trimming. A buddy bought the entire header back kit but didn't use these pieces, hence I got them. They are mandrel bent and the pricing was very decent. I may do the tails later, but this was a start. The kit did include all the way back and they seemed to be very well designed for the car it was ordered for. Maybe they have the kit you need. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0949.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 364
  • IMG_0950.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_0951.JPG
    99.4 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_0952.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 362
No routing problem if you have a slant. Even HiPo V-8's used a single pipe under the transmission x-member, then split to dual pipes somewhere in the rear. I read that they tested separate dual exhausts and got less horsepower (a post here in last few months). It is a pain that the exhaust pipe crosses under the oil pan, since you must unbolt that to remove the pan, and remove a torsion bar to drop the exhaust as I recall. You must jack the engine up anyway to get the pan off, so maybe better to just remove the engine. They sure packed the V-8 in tight. It is almost as hard to work on as modern cars. I would be tempted to go dual exhaust just to get at the pan. That does require cutting the cross-member and re-welding, which TTI will do for $100 if you buy their kit.

Valiant 1962

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    139.9 KB · Views: 382
  • 2.jpg
    126.4 KB · Views: 347
The cutting of the crossmember is not that hard, BUT I think that a single exhaust using the left side pipes from TTI as a base and add the right side custom to a y-connection might be best with the limited space and exhaust restriction of the manifolds.

i plan to go with a dual system but run it like a orig setup right befor the tranny to the driverside . Plan so far its a dual 2.5 ich system that end in a kind of a double T/A style

I plan to turn out and put on some rectangular SS tips, just below the rocker pinch welds. I may use/make some oval tubing to clear the frame.
Good luck!
Larry

Attachments

• Dart Exhaust 031.jpg
    145.6 KB · Views: 293
  • Dart Exhaust 009.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 298
  • Dart Exhaust 012.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 288
-
Back