Exhaust with spring relocation ?

-

69vlnt

Reaction score
How is everyone doing there tail pipes with the spring moved in ? I just have no room to run tail pipes , and I don't want dumps , it to loud in the car for me !!

There was a post a while back, where someone posted a pic of theirs. It ran pretty much the same over the rearend, and then took a slight jog outward and ran along the outside edge of the frame rail.

It didn't look too bad.

Just buy these and you can get great flow through tight areas. They are oval shaped pipes for getting your exhaust through tight spaces. They come in different sizes...2 1/2", 3" etc. They also come in 90 degree and 45 degree.

Treblig

Attachments

• 884e_12.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 198
  • OVALELBOWSHARDWAY[1].jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 187
  • TRANSWITHINELBOW[1].jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 208
You could go T/A or AAR style and run the exhaust out the side ahead of the tires with a set of these

mpe-14210_ml.jpg

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/mpe-14210/overview/

and these (these are the OE style, you could also just make your own for a lot less...)

75aa_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1970-CHALLENGER-T-A-PLYMOUTH-CUDA-AAR-EXHAUST-TIPS-MOPAR-MADE-IN-THE-USA-/200420982097?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2eaa057d51&vxp=mtr

It CAN be done. Here is a pic of a barracuda that I've been holding on to so that I can prove it!

70DartTailPipesSmall.jpg

I will be putting 3" tail pipes on my Dart in the next few months as soon as we get the rebuilt engine in. Here's the plan. I bought 3" dryer ducting at Home Depot and we are going to use it to mock up tail pipes before any actual pipe gets bent. Connect them to the back of the muffler and then start routing them. We are going to cut slits every six inches or so and fill them with expanding foam and let it set. Once we have a set built, the actual pipe can be bent to match it.

My 67 compounds the matter by having the one year only gas tank with the single strap, plus I have rubber brake hoses going to my calipers that have to be avoided. Should be an interesting exercise, but I agree, the noise is too much with just the dumps that I've been running for the last few years.

-
Back