Expensive day. NHRA chassis certs

-
I always say when I get mine recertwd every 3 years that was the most expensive sticker I have ever bought. Lol. Nice cars you have.

20150424_205727_resized_1.jpg

IMG_8671.jpg

IMG_54301.jpg

I always say when I get mine recertwd every 3 years that was the most expensive sticker I have ever bought. Lol. Nice cars you have.

View attachment 1715795184

View attachment 1715795185

View attachment 1715795186

Thank you. The green duster now has a new home in Ohio. I’ve had my black duster certified 8.50 (IHRA) before but it only runs 9.40’s so it isn’t necessary. I just wanted it checked out to make sure it was safe. I think it only cost 80 or 90.00 to have done.

Thank you. The green duster now has a new home in Ohio. I’ve had my black duster certified 8.50 (IHRA) before but it only runs 9.40’s so it isn’t necessary. I just wanted it checked out to make sure it was safe. I think it only cost 80 or 90.00 to have done.
Safety first. Afterall it ur life at stake. Kim

Glad I don't have to deal with inspections and certs.

We get a quick once over early in the year the only deal with a tape measure dealing with spoiler height and tire compound.

We just run 125 mph sideways on Saturday nights... they trust us to build the car right.

Glad I don't have to deal with inspections and certs.

We get a quick once over early in the year the only deal with a tape measure dealing with spoiler height and tire compound.

We just run 125 mph sideways on Saturday nights... they trust us to build the car right.
If the car is going down the track sideways I'd definitely be checking that. I'm surprised that the safety crew isn't all over you.

I’m about six miles from Lernerville dirt track a very well known dirt track in Pa and those guys used to buy my old expired seat belts for 20.00-25.00 a pair.

I’m about six miles from Lernerville dirt track a very well known dirt track in Pa and those guys used to buy my old expired seat belts for 20.00-25.00 a pair.
Man, that is Cool of You! I Have a Bro that built cars for Gene Lasker here... but he's got cash.. fir you to recycle, and help the Lil Guy, Especially w/ Safety Gear? Man , you Are a Right On Good Dude!

If the car is going down the track sideways I'd definitely be checking that. I'm surprised that the safety crew isn't all over you.
We run on dirt… while chassis setups have changed and we no longer back em in the corners we still get sideways a bit on these tight paperclip shaped tracks.

We do get our belts and helmets checked… Likely I’m the only one with an open face with a bandanna covering my mug.

I have the same bandanna I have used since 1970.

Every time I have to buy new belts or helmet it's a bitter pill. But then I remember the old saying " if you're going to dance you have to pay the fiddler".

Years ago I helped with dirt cars, it seemed there was a fight almost every weekend. Drag racers are way more laid back. :lol:

Every time I have to buy new belts or helmet it's a bitter pill. But then I remember the old saying " if you're going to dance you have to pay the fiddler".

Years ago I helped with dirt cars, it seemed there was a fight almost every weekend. Drag racers are way more laid back. :lol:

Did you see the two dragsters racing three weeks ago and the guy that lost gave the guy a little “love tap” in the shutdown at speed. I think he got a suspension and has to attend anger management.

$475? That sounds like a pretty good gig....how do I get a job like that...certification?

Did you see the two dragsters racing three weeks ago and the guy that lost gave the guy a little “love tap” in the shutdown at speed. I think he got a suspension and has to attend anger management.

I guess I should've added "usually". :realcrazy:

We run on dirt… while chassis setups have changed and we no longer back em in the corners we still get sideways a bit on these tight paperclip shaped tracks.
Well you sucked me in on that one. I thought we were talking about drag racing not dirt track. Lol

Not say'n it's not needed, but all the safety equipment, and how quickly they expire are the reason 11.50 will be all I ever need to go. Just a helmet... I get it, some would be bored unless they are in single digits! Nice cars, PBR !!
When I think of the certs of...
  • blanket
  • diaper
  • seat belts
  • cage
  • SFI stuff
  • Jackets, Pants, shoes, gloves, etc.... and the apparel goes further than the cost, it's sitting in line on a 90* day for a few seconds of fun....

Last edited:
-
Back