Factory am/fm radio ""what are they worth""

-

superdart426

Banned
Reaction score
guys i have 2 factory am/fm radios .i put them in storage 10 years ago and they worked going to get them out and see if they still do,, ive seen none working offered for 250-265 what is a fair price if they work and i decide to sell ...thanks in advance....superdart340

Bob, what are they for a 69 dart?

if they fit 72 73 cars there worth 20.00 each but I'll go 50.00 for them both to save shipping lol

I put up for auction on eBay last year an A Body AM/FM knob radio with a BIN for $300. Less than 6 hours after listing it, a guy used the BIN. I might have underpriced it! It worked great in both Am (for what few stations I could pick up) and FM and so stated in the ad. Thumbwheel AM/FMs probably worth more.

Man my GTS came with the am/fm and I need one but don't have the cash right now. i know they used to go for around 250-300.

I bought 2 AM thumb wheel radios for my 69, one restored and one not for $110.00 and $225.00. Both are now for sale.

$500.00? $250.00? Ridiculous.
They sell reproductions for just over $250.
You matching-number/orginal guys are TOO RICH for my blood.

I could spend that kind of money, but why?
I'll place my pride and ego elsewhere.
The dollar is worth half every few years.
Looks like million dollar bills will be the new 100 when I retire-if I am lucky.

I don't wanna pay more than $30 for an old radio, $70 for a VERY nice one-and it better have FM, only my grandfather could go without. I appologize if this post irritates anybody as a lack of help, but these prices bother me.

Well if thumb wheel
Radio's are going for $500 i will remove mine and put it on ebay too.
Mine was redone too am/fm mp3 player LOL

Unless you can pick them up reasonable why pay big bucks for an obsolete AM/FM radio that is just monotone instead of stereo? No need to get screwed when other options are available.

If you want a quality radio that looks like factory there are companies the make them with nice features in the aftermarket.

From what I heard you can also send in your original radio in and have it converted to AM/FM stereo.

Unless you can pick them up reasonable why pay big bucks for an obsolete AM/FM radio that is just monotone instead of stereo? No need to get screwed when other options are available.

If you want a quality radio that looks like factory there are companies the make them with nice features in the aftermarket.

From what I heard you can also send in your original radio in and have it converted to AM/FM stereo.

I just sent the radio to amfm radios in Washington state. Remove all the guts, refinish the case, install am/fm/ with a aux jack. $400.00 plus freight. 45 watts X 4 at 4 ohms.

-
Back