Fastback cargo area

-
I orederd the carpet just for the cargo area of the the car today. I orderd it from Trim Parts at a price of $165. That includes carpet for the side panels.

Thanks for sending me in the right direction and all the info Suregrip391!

I know where all the carpet goes except one piece. Its the square piece in the top left hand corner.

Carpet 001.jpg

Carpet 002.jpg

Thanks guys. You helped me make the decision to carpet the whole cargo area in our fastback. After seeing Suregrip391's picture, it was an easy decision. That turned out Awesome!! Great job!! :rock: Good luck with yours mullinax95. Let us know how it turns out.:toothy8:

Thanks guys. You helped me make the decision to carpet the whole cargo area in our fastback. After seeing Suregrip391's picture, it was an easy decision. That turned out Awesome!! Great job!! :rock: Good luck with yours mullinax95. Let us know how it turns out.:toothy8:

I'll be sure to post some pictures when I get it done. It's probably going to be awhile cause deer hunting has opened. LOL!

Here is a sneak preview of the cargo area carpet that I'm doing. I got one side panel done last night and carpeted the other one today. Here are pictures of one of them carpeted and the other isn't.

Carpet 005.jpg

Carpet 004.jpg

Carpet 003.jpg

I might be wrong but I think that extra piece you have there is a flap to cover the release levers box. Attaches under the stainless frame band and just hangs down from there.

Well I finally got done with carpeting the back of the rear seat. I bought some 1/8" masonite plywood and cut a peice to glue on the back of the seat. If I didn't the steel on the back seat has grooves and the carpet would look lumpy instead of flat. Ma Mopar had a piece of cardboard there but it was old and brittle. I used it to trace the masonite and cut it out with a jigsaw. What took the longest was the stainless trim that goes around the edge of the seat. I noticed that it was not in the best condition so I sanded it and buffed the pieces on a buffing wheel. They are shiny now and I got rid of some of the bad scrathes. Next will be cargo area floor.

Carpet 007.jpg

Carpet 008.jpg

yeah that box with the release lever in it. See pic above.
The front side has a pretty fish emblem but the back side could look better hidden with a small piece of carpet draped over it.

HI GUYS -- with comment made this thread --your totally right about the carpet - being 4 deluxe (carpet )interiors and the lesser models metal being textured - not a vinyl on metal - just re-finished my textured panels - used wash'n wipe with agood scrubbrush - and spray painted - color - holding gun far enuff away to not get 2 much paint so wood B2 shiney -- lovenit - simpler than we all thought - sorry no piks - any one know if there is asequence to re assemble the cargo area S/M trim - to inc the folddown seat ? thanks - cudanutz

HI GUYS -- with comment made this thread --your totally right about the carpet - being 4 deluxe (carpet )interiors and the lesser models metal being textured - not a vinyl on metal - just re-finished my textured panels - used wash'n wipe with agood scrubbrush - and spray painted - color - holding gun far enuff away to not get 2 much paint so wood B2 shiney -- lovenit - simpler than we all thought - sorry no piks - any one know if there is asequence to re assemble the cargo area S/M trim - to inc the folddown seat ? thanks - cudanutz

My 68 had vinyl covered side cargo panels. They were in Ok condition but I wanted something tougher and more textured. So I sprayed the panels with Gravitek Stoneguard to provide the texture and then painted over that in saturn black. Came up tops. I dont like the carpeted look.

that extra piece of carpet is for the back of seats. My 68 had carpeted seat backs on the front buckets from the factory. That extra piece is thrown in there to cover, should you need to.

-
Back