father and son 1974 duster

-

QuintinMotorCompany

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hi,i just bought a 1974 duster /6 3 speed ok body.plane JANE blue with blue int. Indiana, car someone before me painted it gold. not an orig. gold duster! mat as carpet,bench seat,power mirror,power steering,manual brakes thankyou please help me along the Restoration, my plans are a nice blue,black int. black stripe,360 alum. intake,8 3/4 right now it has a 7 1/4 please keep in mind i only bought this running and driving car for $2,300 with the rally's and a set of steel black rims, org.jack!:newb::prayer i have pics on my pics i dont know how to post them

i dont no how to post pics please help!

when you reply to thread, go advanced then go to Additional Options , then Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
click on upload files then browse for the file you want. ( i think they can only be a certain size though)

pics my three mopars 2012 journey sxt,2001 neon SE,1974 duster,oh wait whats under the cover a 1970 cuda org.340 4 speed car made in to drag car 540 cubic inch 440 Indy runs 8.70 152? why yes it is! i love the chrome windshield wipers,grill is in great shape although not orig. to car because got hit in the left front years ago, somebody repaired the rad. support good but not the inner fender i will try to pound that out if not i will replace it.can somebody please decode my the fender tag the best you can,im not good with fender tags, also somebody replaced the hood because car was orig. blue but if you look under the hood pad it is red! love the duster emblem notice the rad. support black out!

Attachments

• ebay pics 060.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 656
  • ebay pics 061.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 644
  • ebay pics 064.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 630
  • ebay pics 065.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 652
  • ebay pics 066.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 647
  • ebay pics 069.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 648
  • ebay pics 071.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 654
  • ebay pics 070.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 637
  • ebay pics 077.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 652
  • ebay pics 079.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 654
when you reply to thread, go advanced then go to Additional Options , then Attach Files
Valid file extensions: bmp doc gif jpe jpeg jpg pdf png psd txt zip
click on upload files then browse for the file you want. ( i think t
hey can only be a certain size though)

thankyou!

i am going to tear the rear end,engine,trans out and put it on custom car dollies, im looking for a duster,dart, valiant parts car v8 please thankyou please let me know i am going to start the project when winter comes!~

hey if anybody wants 4 black steel rims,14 inch mounted on tires,or 14 inch ralleys with chrome rings (on duster) please let me no i will have no use for them~~

VL29:
Plymouth Valiant,Duster
Low
2 Door Sports Hardtop
C4B: 225 105HP(net) 1-1BBL 6 CYL
Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
114325: Sequence number
E24: 225 cid 1 barrel 6 Cylinder 145hp
D34: Light Duty Automatic Transmission
KB5: Lucerne Blue Metallic (Dodge) Exterior Color
D2B6:Trim - Luxury, Vinyl Bench Seat, Blue
000: Full Door Panels
B28: Build Date: November 28
101927: Order number
KB5: Lucerne Blue Metallic (Dodge) Top Color
U: USA Specifications
C52: Bench Seat
J25: 3 Speed Wipers
N76: Coolant Recovery System
R11: Radio Solid State AM (2 Watts)
L2: Unknown
000: Full Door Panel

the best i could do with what i can read

thanks alot that really helped i was pretty sure that it was a original blue car but wanted to make sure, thanks alot!~~~!!~~~~

Does the car have fold down seats? Anything special? If not let him come up with some reasonable ideas, this looks to be a solid foundation for the project. I would do some type of scoop like the R/T hood on a challenger by cutting on the body line of the hood and then welding in some cool openings. Flat black hood, top of doors, fenders and around the quarter glass. Then have someone on the sight make some custom side stripes with Plymouth or Duster and what ever motor you build.

I wanted to do this with my car but I do not think this will ever happen.

Great find,
I would drive around for a while and get any bugs out of it.
What is your plans it looks nice as is.

yes it does have fold down seats~~ i am planning on doing a nice blue with black stripe (i like the 1970 stripes better than the 1973-74 but i dont no if they are the right dimensions) with maybe a black out hood and top of fenders but nothing crazy~~~

I guess what I was getting at was.. "let your son decide on a style with you that way it has some of his character in it as well" My car started out as a father son project 6 years ago and it just turned into my project and lets just say the relationship between my father and myself has gone down hill as well.

Great find,
I would drive around for a while and get any bugs out of it.
What is your plans it looks nice as is.

i am letting my older son drive it to high school for a couple months(or at least until it snows) then me and my 11 year old son are going to get in to the dirty work because my younger son is more interested in cars and knows everything about cars~~\\:D/ hint (he is typing now) my dad does not have the time so i use the computer~~ my brother is not a car person i am a big one~~!

A good start for your 11 year old brother will be checking the brakes, bleeding the brakes and installing new pads or calipers up front with someone. Fairly simple task and will save you 350.00.

yes it does have fold down seats~~ i am planning on doing a nice blue with black stripe (i like the 1970 stripes better than the 1973-74 but i dont no if they are the right dimensions) with maybe a black out hood and top of fenders but nothing crazy~~~

im wondering if the "L2" is for the rear fold down seat.

great color combo

-
Back