Father daughter project....

-

Lycandart

Reaction score
Hey All.....here is what i got...I have a 15 year old daughter that will be drivin next Oct. Well she has decided that she wants a truck.....I just happen to have an old dodge shorty that she likes.But I only have bb stuff for a truck.So we sat down and talked about what we could do........
Here is the low down.I told her I had alot of friends with parts but I told her she would prolly have to do some work in trade for um.With my help of course.I dont want her to go out and get a "real job" yet I want her to stay in school and do better than I did.She has the ability to go as far as she wants in school,so thats what I want her to focus on.She has maintained an 3.5 or better through out her years in school.Honor roll and such...Anyhow...
What I am lookin for is a good 318/360 and 727 to rebuild for her,she wants to help me rebuild it and learn some of that stuff too.I dont have alot of cash but more to the point I want her to work for it and help build it so when its done she can be proud of it too.
So any of you local fellas...need a shop rat to help you all out with anything....Please let me know.....Prolly lookin at mainly Sundays and maybe a Saturday or two mixed in...I say that becuase as many of ya know I have a shop here to run and dont always get out on Saturdays....
She can push a broom,sand a panel,what ever you might need...Just let me know.
Thanks,
Kevin & Tatra (yes thats her name)

That's a cool project. Can't get much better than doing something with your kids. Good luck.8)

I had a 77 D-100 shorty Slant6/ auto and it was a great truck, I miss that thing of course I miss the dirtbike that I used it to haul to the track as well.

Good luck with the project and your daughter Lycandart, if she is willing to help on the project, she is ahead of the game allready. :cheers:

Here's a bump for yah on the engine search, wish I could help.

Hey All.....here is what i got...I have a 15 year old daughter that will be drivin next Oct. Well she has decided that she wants a truck.....I just happen to have an old dodge shorty that she likes.But I only have bb stuff for a truck.So we sat down and talked about what we could do........
Here is the low down.I told her I had alot of friends with parts but I told her she would prolly have to do some work in trade for um.With my help of course.I dont want her to go out and get a "real job" yet I want her to stay in school and do better than I did.She has the ability to go as far as she wants in school,so thats what I want her to focus on.She has maintained an 3.5 or better through out her years in school.Honor roll and such...Anyhow...
What I am lookin for is a good 318/360 and 727 to rebuild for her,she wants to help me rebuild it and learn some of that stuff too.I dont have alot of cash but more to the point I want her to work for it and help build it so when its done she can be proud of it too.
So any of you local fellas...need a shop rat to help you all out with anything....Please let me know.....Prolly lookin at mainly Sundays and maybe a Saturday or two mixed in...I say that becuase as many of ya know I have a shop here to run and dont always get out on Saturdays....
She can push a broom,sand a panel,what ever you might need...Just let me know.
Thanks,
Kevin & Tatra (yes thats her name)

Whatcha looking for?

To help a friend and those that are not sure of the location, Kevin is on I-44 between St Louis and Springfield here in Missouri. What truck ya building Kevin? Is it the gray one? I think i can help the girl out on a motor. Let us know what else you may need.
Small Block

Keep us updated on this build for your daughter Lycandart :happy10:
What year model is it ? I really can't help with a motor or trans but if you need anything ells I do have a couple 83 trucks here on the hill :happy10:
Keeping our children in school is the way to go 8)
And a truck was my boys first driver, I am glad your daughter is good with having a truck first 8) You can see out of a truck better and I think a truck will help them stay safe out on the road 8)

Kevin, Sounds like me and my daughter. she is 15 and wanting a 4x4 Dodge truck. And like you I have one sitting in the yard, 74 Power Wagon 360. just needing some TLC. 3 months ago I would have given you a 360/727 to get you and her started.
SO good luck with your search and project.

Hey Guys,,,First I wanna Say a **BIG Thanks** to Rumblefish360 for savin me some trouble...LOL I think we think alike Rumble!!!!
Anyhow...we are gonna build the grey 86 shorty I got off Small Block.Its a pretty good clean body..needs minor stuff..you know the typical stuff for those years.
Mainly lookin for a motor and tranny for it...we are gonna rebuild it..but not really lookin for anything that need to much machine work.I am pretty sure I have the S/B motor mounts and stuff...O ya and a rear bumper..LOL long story.
But we live in Rolla, about half way between St. Louis and Springfield....But I am not opposed to travelin a little bit for parts.Dont think I can pull off the Colorado thing...But thanks Nothingbutdarts!!!
Bill let me know what ya got...Like I said 318/360...what ever....and well get together and figure it out.
But thanks guys for the support!!!!
Kevin

Kevin.
I have a couple of 318/trans combos, one in a '70 Sport Fury, one out of a '73 Dart. The Fury was supposedly running a couple of years ago. Oh yeah, I also have one in a '74 Dart and one in a '77 pickup. Have a 360 motor/trans sitting in the back of another truck. Sell or trade cheap, I think I have more than I need.
Later,
Dallas

Hey Guys,,,First I wanna Say a **BIG Thanks** to Rumblefish360 for savin me some trouble...LOL I think we think alike Rumble!!!!

...Like I said 318/360...what ever....and well get together and figure it out.
But thanks guys for the support!!!!
Kevin

No problem. I really didn't like his post at all and think he had alot of nerve runnin his mouth the way he did.

You shouldn't have a problem finding a S/B to mess with.

That is way cool to do that with your daughter.I had a deal going on over this past weekend with a father and daughter project that the daughter saw a VW Fastback I had for sale and she liked it and came and looked at it sun and wanted it so the dad checked it out and said he could do the work with her help of coarse and themn asked me that they wanted it but didn't have all the money which I knew already before hand but didn't much care about that so I let them make the deal up on payments as they could.It made my day that a daughter wanted to do that instead of a son so I was open for her to make payments however she wanted to do it.I remember when I was a kid heck my dad didn't even want me to get the car I wanted but one he wanted we went round and around and I won out in the end but he wasn't into cars like that so was not a dad and son project.I thought was cool she wanted to do that so I made them a deal they couldn't pass up which I think made me feel as good as it did them sorry for the rambleing on but just had to post this cause of your post with your daughter plus runs your post back up the pike.I wish I had some parts for ya but I don't and am on the other side of the world from ya in Virginia.Good luck on your project but may have some new parts for ya in the future shocks front end parts and such.

-
Back