Father Son truck rebuild!

-
Well, here's a long overdue update! We have been driving it for over a year now. It has been my son's daily and my winter hot rod for over a year now. I am super happy with the carbureted 360 Magnum. The 727 is great, but I am going to start looking for an A-518 as it runs about 3000 rpm at 70mph. The bodywork is holding up well, but I should have put more coats of clear on it. We polished through in several spots. But hey, it was my first paint job!
I still need to install the underhood AC components, and retrofit cruise control from an older truck, but that's mostly it! There's always small things with these old rigs like you all know.
My son truly loves this thing! He is so proud of it, and I am so happy about that. It really stands out in the sea of Honda Civics at University.

Cley
View attachment 1716234501View attachment 1716234502
A great looking truck! The 8HP70 LASB/rb page on Facebook ZF swaps may be of interest. Ram Charger with LA360 did the swap and he loves. Sounds like perfect candidate you got here. I am doing it on my Dart Sport right now.

I'm so glad it made your son happy as well. That is great for bonding...
I've thought of a gear vendors, but I don't think I'll ever be able to afford that and it wouldn't pay for itself in gas mileage but it would be much better for comfort..
I think I will start by changing the 4 tens for 3:54's..

As much as I think it would help mileage, it would really help with noise too. I put an overdrive in my Duster and loved it, I think it would be great here too!

Cley

-
Back