Favorite car movie?

-
sleep at violet springs!!!Hot rod is one of my favorites and last american hero,highwayman was pretty kewl with the hemi cuda

American Graffiti is #1, Dirty Mary and Crazy Larry #2, Vanishing Point #3
I remember seeing Last American Hero in the theater, I think it was renamed the Hard Driver when it played on tv.

The cheesy made for TV movie "Hot Rod". Kinda pissed me off when they wrecked that Belvedere, though. Christine, Bullitt, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Hollywood Knights. The list goes on.

HotRod was great, but wasn't that a 64 Dodge? The Duel with Dennis Weaver, Hard Racer(based loosely on Jr. Johnson), and I loved that funny car movie with Gordie Bonin's car in it...oh what was that called? It was cheesy, and made in Alberta, I believe...Fast Company?

Here's some I like that I don't think have been mentioned:

How about Johnny Dark, it's bit corny but it has a lot of 50s era sports car and racers in the back ground in the USA, this is hard to find and I don't think it has ever been released as a video.

Rendevous - a short that is an illegal and fast run thru Paris very early on a sunday morning.

Grand Prix.. James Garner with actual vintage mid-sixties race footage with some Americans in it like Phil Hill and Richie Ginther.

The cheesy made for TV movie "Hot Rod". Kinda pissed me off when they wrecked that Belvedere, though. Christine, Bullitt, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry, Hollywood Knights. The list goes on.

im glad im not the only one who has seen this movie. true the did wreck the belve but the willis with the blown mopar was a good replacement.

Not my favorite movies, but Love and a .45 had an awesome blue 71 Roadrunner in it. Also, Naturla Born Killers had a Challenger.

The original Blues Brothers... shitbox Dodge and a great soundtrack!
C

Its not a shot box! its a COP CAR, cop brakes, cop tires, cop suspention, cop belts, cop hoses. And he got rid of a caddie for a mike stand. CLASSIC! 1/2 tank of gas, pac of smokes its dark out and we have sunglasses on HIT IT!

AMERICAN GRAFFITI,VANISHING POINT,DIRTY HARRY AND CRAZY MARY,THE BLUES BROTHERS AND CARS FOR THE KIDS(START THEM EARLY)i WATCHED A CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE(CAN,T REMEMBER THE NAME)ANYWAY BUDDIE HAS A FURY WITH THE TRUNK FULL OF WHITE RABBITS.STARTS PULLIN THEM OUT AND SHOOTING THEM WITH SHOT GUN.CAR WAS HIKED UP PRETTY HIGH.ANYBODY SEE THIS MOVIE?AND THE NAME?

All of the above plus "The Gumball Rally". The sound of the Cobra and Ferrari Daytona are just awesome in the high speed NYC shots early in the movie. I also love the two guys laying under the Jaguar - "A handsome design"....."I wish it ran". That movie also had a great toast: "To internal combustion, and wind in the face".

gumball rally is my choice too for the exact same reason. those guys waking up New York city gives me chicken skin.
mad max and road warrior my second choice

Hot Rod was a killer flick!!! I think they even mention Rolla Missouri in it when he goes to the junk yard lookin for a Willy's.

another good old one with nice mopars is 'its a mad mad mad mad world'
if its on, i'm wacthin it.

AMERICAN GRAFFITI,VANISHING POINT,DIRTY HARRY AND CRAZY MARY,THE BLUES BROTHERS AND CARS FOR THE KIDS(START THEM EARLY)i WATCHED A CLINT EASTWOOD MOVIE(CAN,T REMEMBER THE NAME)ANYWAY BUDDIE HAS A FURY WITH THE TRUNK FULL OF WHITE RABBITS.STARTS PULLIN THEM OUT AND SHOOTING THEM WITH SHOT GUN.CAR WAS HIKED UP PRETTY HIGH.ANYBODY SEE THIS MOVIE?AND THE NAME?

Thunderbolt and Lightfoot???

Christine I saw it at the big screen and have probably watched it atleast 50 times. Shiters LOL... Jim

I still dig the really rough Barracuda in The Wraith.

"Ain't no match for the 'cuda, boy!"

Christine, Bullit, The California Kid, Mad Max, and of course Vanishing Point. I dig 'em all.

American Graffiti

More American Graffiti (part 2)

Funnycar Summer

Hollywood Knights

2 Lane Blacktop

Smokey and the Bandit!!!

Gone in 60 Seconds the real one not that new P.O.S. (even tho HB Halaki hated mopars)

The Junkman (gone in 60 seconds part 2)

Corvette Summer

Hot Rod

Natural Born Killers (70 challenger convert) I've see that one probably more times than a human should...274 times...yeah I acually counted....

Vanishing Point (yeah I like the new one too)

Hell, I'll watch anything with a cool car so I will just say all of them!

Dirty Mary, Crazy Larry, Thunder Road, Bullitt, and ( Vanishing Point #1 )

Steve McQueen in "LeMans". No plot to get in the way of pure auto racing brain candy!

Streets Of Fire, not only cars but for me one of the greatest movies ever

-
Back