Favorite War Movie ever

-
Patton hands down.
Midway
Tora Tora Tora
American Sniper
Saving Private Ryan.
We were Soldiers (I watched it for the first time in September and then the next day got to sit next to a veteran from that very battle for the honor flight lunch)
Black Hawk Down
Sink the Bismarck

Hands down, the best war movie ever! LOL:cheers:
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9Re-MSExXc"]Comedy: The Increddible Mr Limmpet - Don Knotts - YouTube[/ame]

I have some more movies to watch. A good list. Thanks all

So many to choose from, but spl440 mentioned the little-known movie "The Train." That is one of my top 5 movies of all time.

So many to choose from, but spl440 mentioned the little-known movie "The Train." That is one of my top 5 movies of all time.

Not really my opinion of the best movie but related-

Band of Brothers-I think in some ways the most accurate depiction individuals and the relationships of individuals in a unit. Kind of hard to explain.

We Were Soldiers Once-In 2001, I was in Germany. At our Squadron Ball, Joey Galloway was the guest speaker. Quite an individual. He told us his incredible story of what happened in that LZ. Also met Bruce Crandell, Huey pilot from that incredible battle.

Great Escape,Patton,Midway,Kwai,and a nod to Pappy Boyington's "Black Sheep"...

It's a documentary, so i don't know if it "qualifies" for this thread. But it's unforgettable.

Full Metal Jacket, I came home from a 7 month deployment stationed out of Yoko Japan and my two suns 12 and 8 were quoting the boot camp exerps from the Gunney sargent. But there are so many good oned to chose just one. Saving Private ryian. Bridge over the river Kwai. US Navy 1992 to 2013 Retired.

Which also brings us to Force 10 from Navarone...

Flying leathernecks
The Bridges of Toko Ri which has two of the coolest planes ever.. F9F Panther and AD-1 Skyraider
The McConnell Story

Based on the Colditz glider story "Birdmen" TV movie
and The Wings of Eagles

I like most of the forementioned, but I
think to date would be
Band Of Brothers. You
Can't get more realistic and true to
fact then that.

Don't think these were mentioned yet... Some great choices so far though!!

Stalingrad - 1993 (foreign) one of my all time favorites.
The Big Red One
When Trumpets Fade
A Bridge Too Far
Downfall (foreign)
Gettysburg
Generation War (foreign)
Winter War (foreign)
Cross of Iron
The Bridge at Remagen

Did I miss this? Enemy at The Gate
Behind Enemy Lines
Run Silent Run Deep
They Were Expendable
Air Force
Back To Bataan
Hell is for Heros

Twelve O'clock High was my inspiration to enlist, but the cold war movie...A Gathering of Eagles...most accurately portrayed the Air Force from my era. It was almost eerily accurate, down to the verbiage used to communicate with alert forces.

On the ground, I would have to say it was Band of Brothers, as I've talked to many of the participants and respect their opinions.

where Eagles Dare.
p685_p_v8_ac.jpg

x2

I was watching some newer WWII flick the other night that bugged the crap out of me. U.S. troops with an assortment of weapons. The "Sniper" was using a G-43 which he had to cycle by hand, the officers had Thompsons which was OK but the enlisted men were carrying SMLE Enfields.... I think I saw one Garand and no Springfields.....

-
Back