Fender Tag Stolen

-

bacaruda65

Reaction score
I had my 65 Barracuda Formula S at a large car show (prefer not to disclose shows name) and the original fender tag under the hood was removed by someone during the night of this four day show. I should have replaced the factory screws with rivets but did not. Anyway, does anyone know how or where I can get an original fender tag duplicated for my Formula S?

That sucks!! Good idea with using rivets instead of screws. Im gonna try that. I always heard that duplicating a fendertag was illegal, but I could be wrong. But if you have a broadcast sheet your local mopar resto guy should have an idea. I actually seen someone selling fendertags on epay. Its only illegal if you get caught.

Man that sucks. The very reason my 340 swinger has a fender tag from a 71 Scamp on it! It's also usually saftey wired underneath.

Ag backeast, datatag might be potential vendors.

There are some real scum bags out there. I've never heard of Fender Tag theft. Now I'm going to use my parts car 6 cyl tag on my current project (Dart Sport 360). Thanks for the heads up!

How about Galen Govier? I'm not sure but I think if have seen somewhere that he helps people getting new fendertag! Check with him. Good luck!

I had my 65 Barracuda Formula S at a large car show (prefer not to disclose shows name) and the original fender tag under the hood was removed by someone during the night of this four day show. I should have replaced the factory screws with rivets but did not. Anyway, does anyone know how or where I can get an original fender tag duplicated for my Formula S?

Here's a place...AG Backeast...

http://datatags.com/

Good luck!

I left mine on and cleared over it so it won't be going anywhere, not that anyone would want it though lol it was just a slant car to start with.

Wow I thought stealing gas caps was bad. I guess I didn't know how low some dirtbags could go.

If you have the build sheet Galen will make one. If you dont have it well thats going to be hard to do.

Good luck and I hope you turned in to the show and let them know. Keep an eye out on all the boards to see if it pops up for sale or on another car as well as ebay.

My fender tag is riveted plus I even took pictures of it for myself so I have just in case mine would were to get stolen.

I think someone stole mine from my formula S. I noticed it was gone after the Carlisle show.

Why not disclose the show it was at? It may help for a lead to your tag, watch for it on ebay too. This really sucks, good luck.

if you have the b sheet go to data tags.com directly.
why give galon your money for something you can easily do yourself.

Post up any info you have that was on your tag, order number, build date, paint and trim codes etc. The order number is unique to your car and should be stamped in the core support.

The more members that know, the better chance you may have for it to be spotted somewhere.

Don't even bother with galen.

Go straight to the suppliers
http://www.datatags.com/
http://www.trimtags.com/
I agree. it takes forever to get a hold of Galen, and he will just send you to AG backeast which is Datatags.com. That guy will fix you up in minutes. I had a replacement made for my 69 swinger, then put the origional in my safety deposit box with the build sheet. It will probably only slow down a thief, but i put a dab of silicone on my tag before screwing it down.

I hope you have a couple of digitals of it.
At shows when I am not with the car, I shut the hood and lock the car.
Of course, I have an inside hood release.
At night, the car goes on the trailer and put the locking cover on.
When I chain the car down, you can't open the doors because of the trailer fenders.
I will make thieves work for it.

when i feel i need to lock my car on a show field i will no longer attend that show

I had a guy try and get the one off of my Roadrunner at the Nats in 99. But I put it on with pan head screws that are a little long, with nylock nuts on the bottom. I also bent the ends over, so you will need a cut off wheel to get them off.

bird1.JPG

-
Back