finally found the car i wanted but you will hate me

-
My mom had one when I was in high school with the V8 it was a cool car especially since night rider was a popular TV show. The interior with all the digital dash and console mounted swivel radio reminded me of the night rider car "KIT". It was a cool car with the girls. However the car being 25+ years old I can see nothing but problems with the digital dash and other electronic gizmos. Then add in the fact that the car was made with mostly plastic inside I'm just not sure I would go that route if I were you. The suspension was also more touring car than performance. I would buy an IROC camaro if I was set on that body style GM product.

But looking at that picture that car is clean. If it runs and works as good as it looks. Maybe??

i had to find your old post so i could see your truck again awesome truck by the way 79 powerwagon and clean too boot, the camaro is very nice aswell looks like a maintianed original leaky valves seals no biggie,..... but on the other hand my personal preference would be the truck 79 dodge truck powerwagon 4X4 very cool compared to a 85 run of the mill camaro plus trucks always hold there resale value im thinkin your gettin a hotroddin flu. either way buy the pics that i looked at seems like a fair trade but i think the other person will be better off, the camaro on the other hand will be cheaper building it up performance wise

but i'd keep the truck
camaros and mustangs are like a-holes everybody has one
not to offend just my opinion

lol it has duel in but a single out, i would have to dig through and take the valve covers off to count the cylinders, he did say it was a v8 but people can bend the truth sometimes
W O W :laughing::happy2::laughing:

by the way, the gauges are coming out, im putting all new autometers in there, ive just gotta figure out a way to put in my cd player without cuttin anything up

You'd be better off with a fox body mustang than that camero, resale is better as well as aftermarket potential and the ability to unload it when you finally realize its garbage. Ever wonder why you can pick up that body style all day long on craigslist for 500-1000 bucks in good shape? I could think of any number of cars that your better off with than that camero.

well, i happen to like it, but thanks for the kind words, and i don t know where your at for 1,000 bucks here that buys junk...

Mom had a Firechicken. It was a V-6, not bad performance-wise, but that car sucked to drive. For me, anyway.

I'm 6'3", and I just don't fit into those cars. If you're above average height, forget about it. We're built for trucks, lol.

And what better truck than a Power Wagon :hello1:

You know what, we all had cars when we were younger that a pain in the ***, mine was 81 civic station wagon with the god awful tomato red interior, blew headgaskets every 3-10k miles, due to the head having a "memory" from being over heated. Got really good at changing head gaskets. Best of luck with ya. If its going to turn into a bastard case you always have to work on, your better off with the truck, it has more financial potential.

i dont plan on drag racing it, its my daily driver, just want to cam it exhaust and if its carbed intake and carb new ignition, there will be no racing whatsoever in this car

Those mods sound like a total waste of over $1000 to me. You are way better off just driving it as is.

The chev 305 is not a power house. Spend a grand on that car and you will still have a slow car, but one that now uses way more gas.

Ask yourself this question..... Would you rather piss away $1000+ dollars for zero return, or would you rather have $1000+ dollars ready and waiting for when the project you really want comes along?

well, i happen to like it, but thanks for the kind words, and i don t know where your at for 1,000 bucks here that buys junk...

I'm gonna warn you bud, I had an 86 T/A 305 before the Dart, and I'll tell you they're heavy cars. They ride real hard at low speeds, and not as nice as an A body on the highway. They're not as fast as they should be.

If you do get it, don't pull the digital dash out. Leave it in, the Camaro guys love the digital stuff, even though they are known to be really unreliable. The Berlinettas are a rather desirable model, so when you inevitabley decide to sell it, its going to lose value if you mess with it.

Long story short, had an 86 Trans Am, got tired of being laughed at by guys in Corvettes and 4th gens, sold it, bought the Dart, never looked back. Love the Mopar family, don't miss the Chevy hierarchy at all.

got the spark plug wires on the cap lol
buddy had a twin had big issue with his dash many times

I would keep your truck whatever it is, My brother had a berlinetta when we were younger and it was junk, 305 is one of the worst motors chevy made. Those things were notorious for electrical problems.

I have to agree with Sharko. Those cars almost fall into the category of "buckets". Trust me I almost bought when it my youth and am so glad I did not. The front ends are weak, the suspension is weak, and the overall design of the car is questionable. By no means am I trying to be a jerk. However I just don't want you making a mistake I almost made.

You are hilarious, you take a good natured stab at me asking for help on here with my daily driver f150...then you come on saying you found your dream car??? What are you one of Charlies Angels??? LOL j/k

by the way, the gauges are coming out, im putting all new autometers in there, ive just gotta figure out a way to put in my cd player without cuttin anything up

Looks like a pretty straight car.

To bad for it, you've got "Hooptie" admirations.

Whats next 22's ? :pukerigh:

I'm not a fan of these Camaros, but I understand you gotta do what you gotta do. So if this is going to be your daily driver, then go for it.

-
Back