finally found the car i wanted but you will hate me

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
Ive found a 85 chevy camaro berlinetta that my dads best friend has, 97,000 miles t tops red with red interior, 305, but i dont understand what the berlinetta package is, he will trade me for my truck, only thing wrong with it is that it smokes at start, but thats the valve stem seals.

heres exactly what it looks like

Attachments

• 32928370026_large.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 615
im kinda partial to the 3rd gen camaros cause i had one in high school.

wiki- The Berlinetta came standard with the 2.8 LC1 V6 or the optional 5.0 LG4 V8. The Berlinetta came standard with its own unique 14x7-inch finned aluminum wheel with gold accenting and 'Berlinetta' center cap. Its own lower body pin striping, gold 'Berlinetta' badging, and headlamp pockets were painted in an accent color. The taillights got a gold and black horizontal divider bar. The interior came standard with custom cloth interior, a rear storage well cover and additional carpeting on rear wheelhouses. It also came standard with additional body insulation and full instrumentation.

Don't worry Mopardart we won't hate you (at least I won't), but we may all question your sanity.:laughing::laughing::laughing:

and also one more question. i didnt have a chance to pull the cleaner off, are the 85s carbed or FI?

Open the hood, sorry but I'm on a roll:laughing::laughing::laughing:

lol it has duel in but a single out, i would have to dig through and take the valve covers off to count the cylinders, he did say it was a v8 but people can bend the truth sometimes

i dont plan on drag racing it, its my daily driver, just want to cam it exhaust and if its carbed intake and carb new ignition, there will be no racing whatsoever in this car

I would keep your truck whatever it is, My brother had a berlinetta when we were younger and it was junk, 305 is one of the worst motors chevy made. Those things were notorious for electrical problems.

I still vote keep the truck. That Power Wagon will get you further than that Chevy ever will. Plus if it snows where you are, what will you drive then? Not to mention (IMO) the truck is WAY cooler.

I'm no expert on those cars, from what I know they handle ok but the ride, the visibility and the driving position are poor. They rattle especially the t-tops as well as leak. It's always good to have a truck that's why your Dad's friend wants to trade. Think this over carefully.

It will be interesting to hear what anyone who ever owned one of these has to say.

You say you finally found the car you wanted...have you been wanting one of these for a long time?

sometimes not telling everyone everything in your life will cause you less grief.....lol

I'm no expert on those cars, from what I know they handle ok but the ride, the visibility and the driving position are poor. They rattle especially the t-tops as well as leak. It's always good to have a truck that's why your Dad's friend wants to trade. Think this over carefully.

It will be interesting to hear what anyone who ever owned one of these has to say.

You say you finally found the car you wanted...have you been wanting one of these for a long time?

yes in fact not exactly a berlinetta but my dream car is a 89 iroc z.

By the way the truck needs major work, the floorboards are going out of it, it shakes tremendously past 55, i dont feel safe driving it anywhere, especially on the interstate

That's a decent looking car.
Get it, sell it, and buy something that isn't so bloody mediocre in all ways.

-
Back