Finally getting a shop!!!! Yehaw

-
Smart guy!
I’m sure he has more discipline than some stang owners who jump fences.
D34891A2-A19B-4DAC-904C-38C85F2BFE65.gif

Coming right along! I know you're excited!

Man, that's awesome. I'm jealous. I can't wait to have a proper shop like that some day.

Stupid question about the construction of that shop - Do the posts ever rot at the ground level? If/when that happens, is it a pain in the *** to repair? I'm only familiar with wood typical framing installed on a slab foundation.

Mtrhead that is awesome, I'm happy for you !

Shouldn't be a problem the concrete will be higher than ground level and there will be a French drain also installed beside the shop

Hope not I'm doing my back porch the same way

20230319_182103.jpg

Front porch has been done that way for over 13 years and no sign of rot

20230319_182400.jpg

Stuff like that usually rots right at ground level. I had to dig out one of my 6 x 6 porch posts a few years ago to jack it up because the dirt had settled out from under it and it was pulling loose from the rafter. It was as solid as it was when it got put in back in 87. Pressure treated wood lasts a long dang time. That's why most of the power poles you see nowadays are green. They are the same as pressure treated lumber, and are supposed to be good for 100 years......drunks at 2 AM not withstanding..lol.

As a side note, some of the stuff they treat that wood with is arsenic, so don't peel a splinter and use it as a toothpick!! :eek:

@Mtrhead are you coming to Rockingham next month?

Yes sir..I will be there...Farmington also

I haven't been able to clear out my inbox it's loaded down with trash can't seem to work new system with phone

Ok, I'll take a chance on getting yelled at, lol. Do you have any stainless drip rail trim from a vinyl top Duster/Demon/Sport? I need some for my Duster and there's a difference in it and painted top cars.

Congratulations on the shop, getting out of the weather will be nice.

No , I don't have any ...had a set available bet someone removed it incorrectly and it looked horrible...I gave it away...the stripe on inside of it will tell if it's for vinyl top car or painted top..I will check around and if I find a set will grab it for you

Weather has been shitty this weekend...the fellas dropped of 7 sqares of 30 year architecture shingles for the roof of shop...looks like sides will be corrugated steel over plywood with tyvex...I'm super excited and ready...my buddy doesn't want the big block in the Demon with GTS manifolds....he wants a 340...okydoky...I'm pulling big block out with reverse valve body 727...gave him a 340 with J heads.....he's gonna stroke..I'm sure...

20230326_152248.jpg

Congrats man that is a big deal. Challenge now will be to keep it from getting so cluttered that it makes it tough to work on anything. Ask me how I know. BTW what part of SC are you in?

-
Back