Finally getting a shop!!!! Yehaw

-
Columbia....I bet man..I know back wall will come down and extend another 20ft back...soon...I'm thinking lean two also...

The plot thickens!!!

20230331_180844.jpg

20230331_185421.jpg

20230331_185506.jpg

20230331_190618.jpg

20230331_195918.jpg

20230331_200028.jpg

Congrats on the shop, BUTtttt...... I see you have big pines like me, and good sandy dirt, all that fancy shop IS a waste of $$$$$$$$$! :BangHead:
:poke: :rofl: :confederateflag: :confederateflag: :confederateflag:

Thanks, I love it...can't wait to spray a car!!
You know....if you have enough slope downhill from the low side on the left, you could make a hillbilly downdraft exhaust vent for when you spray. Bury a 12" plastic culvert out that way and turn it up into a floor drain. When you spray a car, take a strong fan and set it outside at the end of the culvert to pull air down and out of the shop.
I'll try to hunt you up at Rockingham Saturday. Hopefully it won't rain!

:thumbsup:

Man, that's awesome. I'm jealous. I can't wait to have a proper shop like that some day.

Stupid question about the construction of that shop - Do the posts ever rot at the ground level? If/when that happens, is it a pain in the *** to repair? I'm only familiar with wood typical framing installed on a slab foundation.

There are a lot of factors that go into that. My posts are treated with some crazy stuff to keep them from rotting or eaten by bugs. That said, I fille the holes with 3/4 washed crushed rock, with a concrete disc at the bottom. Any water that gets into the rock will drain right down and away. Often you'll see the pad built up above the surround grade so water drains away etc.

Repairng them can be a pain but it's very doable.

The new thing is to pour pylons and use these massive brackets that get set into the pylons and you bolt laminated posts to them. Once the building is done, it's extremely strong and will last forever.

You betcha...this fella has many shops under his belt and has many options for making posts repel water drain...after we flood the form we shall raise the areas around posts...treated wood is good stuff when sprayed with diesel fuel for insects

Looking great! I know you're happy!

Thanks Rob....I'm ready to get halfway organized....I've got parts laying under every tree...

-
Back