Finally got my first 10 second time slip!!...well, sort of.

-

flyfish

C8H18+N2O = :-D
Reaction score
Got the Cuda to the track this weekend with some cool air, and my new fiberglass Super Stock Hemi hood. The car LOVED having the extra weight off the nose...the front wheels liked it too:-D. First pass off the trailer was a 6.983 with a much improved 1.51 60’ time. My best of the weekend came with a 1.49 60’, and 6.939 in the1/8, which calculates to 10.92 in the 1/4!!! Finally I can say, yes, it’s a 10 second street car! WOO HOO!!!:-D:-D:-D

Although I didn’t run ¼ mile, I’m pretty confident in the numbers off the calculator. I ran about 5 other ¼ mile time slips through it and found the calculator to be dead on for my setup (which was essentially multiplying 1.575 by my 1/8 mile time).

Congratulations.Yea,it must be cool to say you have a 10 sec street car.
Lucky bastard.8)

very cool man...very cool.........!!! hell, id be happy if my dart will run high 11's!!!

I started out 17 years ago with this car and just wanted to run 14's...lol. I think this is my last mile stone, I have no desire to run 9's.....at least not today:-D I just always wanted a 10 second street car...

Run a full 1/4 mile and you'll know for sure..my duster with the 416 ran low 6.90's in the 1/8 with a best of 11.02 in the 1/4..almost in the 10's..

Got the Cuda to the track this weekend with some cool air, and my new fiberglass Super Stock Hemi hood. The car LOVED having the extra weight off the nose...the front wheels liked it too:-D. First pass off the trailer was a 6.983 with a much improved 1.51 60’ time. My best of the weekend came with a 1.49 60’, and 6.939 in the1/8, which calculates to 10.92 in the 1/4!!! Finally I can say, yes, it’s a 10 second street car! WOO HOO!!!:-D:-D:-D

Although I didn’t run ¼ mile, I’m pretty confident in the numbers off the calculator. I ran about 5 other ¼ mile time slips through it and found the calculator to be dead on for my setup (which was essentially multiplying 1.575 by my 1/8 mile time).

That 1/4 mile (and all else) will depend on your torque converter.

Your 60 and 1/8 are spot on for a 10.88-10.95 1/4.

i know that because thats exactly what my dart did
mine went 1.48 / 6.88 / 10.88 --------so, yes u have a 10 sec car :cheers:

NICE! now get that signature updated! lol

that is definitly 1 FST FSH! as you now can put on your street tags! Tell your mustang owning buddies to catch you if they can! My 65 will never be that fast, but you never know.....way to go

I,m also in the mighty search for 10,s with my new 410 in my 66 Dart.I went to the track for the first time since build.Ofcourse I got the car unloaded,went to the washroom and came out to it spitting out so it was cancelled.Maybe next time?Congrats on your milestone!:cheers:

-
Back