Finally I have air!

-

growdude

Disabled but not dead
Reaction score
Picked up my new compressor last night Puma 80 gl 5 hp 14.6 cfm 3 cyl 2 stage it should do everything I need it to.im stoked!

IMG_20170829_084915547.jpg

Ive always had 60 gallon single stage 125 psi compressor this is 175 psi 2 stage 80 gallon so I think it will be a great improvement over what I'm used to.now to really get on the 68 cuda notch and 70 dart gt

Real nice! A REAL air compressor! :thumbsup: All real compressors have a belt running them IMO.

You will wonder what you ever did before....
Couple threads on shop air, if you havent skimmed them over you should consider it. Great info.

Some day I`d like to pour a small pad and room on the outside of my shop for my compressor. Get rid of the noise, dust/fume intake, and open up space for more junk!
Even after 17 years when that thing kicks on it startles me:eek:

My compressor is in a closet. Air intake is through the wall 90 degree elbow and a funnel with a carwash sponge for a filter. Works slick. I open closet when im sandblasting. Or using a lot of air.
I can stand beside closet when compressor starts. Air intake is most of the noise.

Congratulations, besides having a concrete floor to work on it's the greatest thing I've ever had!

That is a very impressive unit. If you dont mind, can I ask what you gave for it $? My current compressor is a 60 gal hf. Which so far has kept up with our need. Using mostly hvlp, air body tools, impact. But with the new shop coming very soon (builder says early October) my son has been pushing me to get a kaeser. I know the kaeser is a phenomenal pump, but is pricey.

I gave 800$ for it guy barely used it oil still clear filters are spotless.it ran pretty quiet when he turned it on built up quick he even threw in 100 ft air hose rubber vibration dampeners for mounting it to concrete floor and a spare new pressure switch.

Thanks for letting me know, I think for all you got with it that's a great deal. I'm going to add that brand to my search for a compressor now. I'll keep you posted if I find one in my area. Thanks again.

-
Back