Finally made it to the track today

-

fishy68

Tyr Fryr's Inc.
Reaction score
I rarely race my car at the track but was curious what it'd run with the 408 I built for it a couple yrs. back and I finally got the chance to go down today and run it.

Super nice day, 69* with bright sunshine and very little wind (really rare for this time of the year) so it was perfect racing weather.

Engine is a mild 408, 727 trans. with a 3500 stall, 3.55 gears with 28" tall Nitto drag radials. No traction aids but working on that as it needs it. Since it was tnt day you just lined up against whoever showed up in the next lane. Naturally a drag bike showed up against me and made mine look super slow but all in all I'm happy with what it did considering it's just a heavy street cruiser that gets 15-16 mpg if I don't drive too crazy. Here's the time slip

Attachments

• 2013-11-09 213703.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 264
Nice! :D I hope you had fun, and that 112mph from a street car is nothing to shake a stick at...:thumbrig:

Yeah it was a real fun day. My wife loves going to the track too so that makes it even better. Got to see a buddy break into the 9's for the first time with his 67 Cuda. He was ecstatic naturally!

9's...Wow.

I'm surprised you got a track day this late in the year in your area. Many years back when I was in Maryland, they usually scheduled openings after Oct 1st as pending the weather. 99% of the time, it didn't happen...lol. I'm so glad to see some operators are willing to give guys a shot this time of year.

Yeah I lucked out. It was unusually warm weather for this time of the year and luckily we have new track owners that keep it open till the end of Nov, weather pending of course. The old owners shut the doors Oct. 31 no matter what

nice run...any day at the track is better then sitting home...

Nice pass,Fishy. Living vicariously through you for 408 et's.

Low 12's 112 mph.. Nothing wrong with that.

Glad to see you got the big cube smallblock out for some fun Tracy.Atleast now you have an idea of where your at with the work you,ve done..Congrats!:D

Low 12's 112 mph.. Nothing wrong with that.

Glad to see you got the big cube smallblock out for some fun Tracy.Atleast now you have an idea of where your at with the work you,ve done..Congrats!:D

Yep.... I'm happy with the results considering it's a heavy street car that is docile enough to drive anywhere and get fair fuel mileage doing it. Thanks guys

Nice pass! Hope you and your wife had fun! My wife likes going also, so that's just a bonus!

That's a good run for just messing around. Nothing to be shy about.

I know of plenty more potent combos that barely 60' better than your street driver. :)

Great 60 ft and the car does well on the back half too!

You'll have a 11 sec time slip for sure with a little tuning!

Nice job.

Very nice time especially with no traction aids and 3.55's you built that 408 right

very nice fishy how are the nittos on a prepped track ?I find they are not as good as some but they will live on the street .

-
Back