Finally paint

-
I went looking for some parts today. I opened up the trailer that I bought to put all of the Parts that were saved from the orange Duster . I bought a new mint body after I bought the brown Duster . I was originally going to use the brown Duster to replace my Orange one. Now that we are going to cut this body up for a race car I am having second thoughts.

I have a Demon That is almost as nice but was hit in the right quarter. The quarter was replace before AMD made them. So I bought AMD's now. What I am thinking is using the Demon shell for the Duster using the tail light section of the red Duster. Since it has to be Tub-ed, and caged why ruin a perfect shell. I can spot weld drill these cars apart and and switch everything. I am tossing that around. The Duster body never had numbers stamped in it.

The demon Body is a 4spd and has the matching numbers. But I am adding every option it could have came with and changing the color to match the Orange used on the Duster.

I will be building a car as if I ordered it new using the 70 4sp. Duster drive line . Including eliminating the 71 fuel vent system and vented cap.

One thing that has been brought up by my son is the Demon does have room for a front mount inter-cooler for a race car

Off subject but any thoughts?

View attachment 1715399679

View attachment 1715399680

View attachment 1715399681

View attachment 1715399682

View attachment 1715399683

View attachment 1715399684

View attachment 1715399685

View attachment 1715399687

View attachment 1715399688

View attachment 1715399690
Honestly, i would leave the Demon as is and sell it to someone looking for a Demon seeing it's got the numbers matching stuff (including 4 speed) and all.
You should get a decent amount of money for that one as is.
I thought you would have a decent Duster body in your collection that you could build to your needs.
But, it's your car, your work, and your money...........
Love this thread, BTW!

Block sanded the fender spot primed them and painted the backs and edges. I set them on to free up some room to do the grille supports. The fenders will be undercoated as will the fender wells then mounted permanent. Body paint kit seals are here. Almost ready for paint. I believe its sold the man that wants it was here last night. No money exchanged hands just a handshake. I did a car for him 20 years ago he is a serious buyer I can count on.

DSCN1836.JPG

DSCN1837.JPG

DSCN1838.JPG

DSCN1839.JPG

DSCN1840.JPG

DSCN1841.JPG

DSCN1852.JPG

That is so Sweet! Outstanding job Steve!!! I wish I had the money to have you restore mine. Howard
I have a little over 5K in it pulling extra parts out of the shed. I sold the complete 408 drag car drive line from the car for a big profit . The car should bring around $12k - $15k. It is not numbers matching. but it is absoluely rust free with all oringinal panels except the right front fender that was damaged at the headlight rim. Just bought a nice mirror from QuickBpBp and I have nice wing and scoop and Sharks tooth. I decided to go with white side and tail stripes. I discussed that with the guy who wants it last night and he is happy with that. I have to pull the rear he wants a clutch style unit in it. I am glad an old friend is buying it . The car will stay local kept inside and my son do the service work.

This one stayed close also. I see it at the local cruises.

005 (2).jpg

I am glad that you are taking care of an old friend like that.That is why I consider you a great friend. You know what these cars are bringing and that you could get twice that amount. God bless you and keep up the excellent work that you do on these old cars.

Today I stripped and primer ed the grille support , I got to hunt some markers for the Duster for front pigtails. I searched for them and found more than I realized I had. They were hidden all over the place. Probably more here somewhere . but I found what I needed . There are some that are already cleaned up. Among the lights were a set of those 72 backing plastics. They were on front markers pulled from a brown 72 Demon years ago. I also found a big box of 71 scamp 70 dart and 71 Demon markers. some of the scamp were among the Dusters. Tomorrow I'll get the spoilers out and put one together and get the mirrors ready for paint

DSCN1927.JPG

DSCN1928.JPG

DSCN1929.JPG

DSCN1930.JPG

After sorting through the side markers for what I need for the two Dusters. I removed the paint from the drivers mirror and markers to get ready to paint tomorrow. I ended up sorting a shipment of metric bolts and playing with the new puppy the rest of the day.

My son got a Silver Lab. He drove to Tennessee for him last month He is now 11 weeks. He has paws like duck feet . And he bounces around like a Fawn.

The only problem he grabs and runs with everything. Today I caught him chewing on the air hose. so I have to keep an eye on him . He's the new garage Dog during the day. He has a crate upstairs but I can't stand listening to him cry. I told "Alexa" volume ten but he just cries louder. The first picture is him at 7 weeks. The second is him at 10 weeks

View attachment 1715416349

View attachment 1715416350

DSCN1934.JPG

DSCN1935.JPG

IMG_20190923_214807_107.jpg

40193.jpeg

40688.jpeg

40693.jpeg

He is going to be a giant Steve, but he sure is pretty.I would say def. worth the trip he made all the way down there for him.

Beautiful dog, I live close to the Ky./Tennessee line, what part of Tennessee did he have to travel to, I'm 30 miles north of Moss Tn.

Beautiful dog, I live close to the Ky./Tennessee line, what part of Tennessee did he have to travel to, I'm 30 miles north of Moss Tn.

I have no idea where he went exactly. My wife told me he drove to Tennessee. I'll ask him when he gets home exactly where he got him. I know they were free to a good home. I heard him talking on the phone and he left. After he got back in two days this little guy was in the garage upstairs crying in a cage.

He is so dam funny to watch knocking a spray can lid around the shop floor. So my main task when I get to the garage now is make sure all the metal chips are swept up and clean up all oil spots. He hears me come in and starts yelping immediately. All he wants to do is play. His teeth are like little needles.

Yesterday he chewed my shoe strings off and ripped my pants leg while I was glass beading parts. Today I'll put him in the yard with the other two Border Collie and Australian Shepard while I paint the parts. He don't run he bounces and his ears flop like a rabbit.

Oh I never told you all his name. He had a dog we recently lost. A black lab named after a track in Texas where we raced "Bullit speedway". his name was "Bullit" RIP, He travelled all across the states racing with us. He knew every concession stand. So he named this little guy "Silver Bullit" He will go everywhere with him and see every race track he goes to.

spoiler pics 490.jpg

New pics 009.jpg

Oh I never told you all his name. He had a dog we recently lost. A black lab named after a track in Texas where we raced "Bullit speedway". his name was "Bullit" RIP, He travelled all across the states racing with us. He knew every concession stand. So he named this little guy "Silver Bullit" He will go everywhere with him and see every race track he goes to.

View attachment 1715416464

View attachment 1715416465
Perfect name!

View attachment 1715416464

View attachment 1715416465

/////////////////////////////////////
That's pretty cool.. Bullit / Silver Bullit
A couple German Shepherds back we had Trouble. I told my wife we were gonna get him cloned and have Double Trouble.

I'm sure there's a saying out there about Dog spelled backwards.
Or God spelled backwards.
I always tell my wife DAN's best friend.

LOL,We all have those kind of things happening every day. Nothing to stress about unless you forget who your wife is or where you live.

It's names for me, I used to never remember a name, but nowadays I have to think awhile to remember them.:)

He'll get big fast man. I have a silver lab, Zeke he's almost 3 years old and big!!

Man, that is a beautiful color!! I think you have the car painted and mostly back together except for some small parts am I right?
Howard

-
Back