Finally

-

John Morrow

Mopars and Harleys
Reaction score
Finally!!!!! After replacing everything under the hood that had to do with cooling, I replaced Radiator today with a Champion 26" 3 core and problem GONE !!!!! ,
Thanks everyone for your thoughts and comments from my previous post, this has been driving me crazy, I had my old radiator checked out when this all started with the trans cooler leaking into trans and vice a versa, he rodded it out, sealed off trans cooler said it was good to go so I didn't think it was the problem .....wrong. Sure would have save me a lot of time and money if i had started there first.,,,wait, I did ....lol.
Drove it 65-70 mph no problems never got over 195 with a 185 stat in it.
Now moving on to next project ......disc brakes all the way around ?????? maybe!!

Thanks Gary, ( challengergary ) the radiator looks and works great !

Glad to hear it John! Heat problems are very vexing for sure, so glad that this demon has been tamed for you!

Good to hear you got it fixed up John. Now you can drive to MMW next year!

WooHoo John,glad your running Kool again.:glasses7:I had my original rad redone a few years ago and have had no issues,but is a 4 speed rad.Happy cruisin..

Good news for sure,,. do me a favor,, and shoot the temp on the upper and lower hoses,, as you did before,, I'm just curious at the difference, for future reference.. thnx.. grant

I had my old radiator checked out when this all started ............, he rodded it out, sealed off trans cooler said it was good to go ......... .....wrong.!

I seem to have had the same issue, sort of.

My factory 273 rad was checked when I had the 360 in the car, rad guy said "should work." NOT

Few weeks ago I "tossed" a 2 core 73-74 /6 rad into the car and it immediately cooled down.

Oldmanmopar posted sometime back something about he believes that cores can come cracked/ detached from the fins, reducing their heat transfer.

I believe that may be the case here. Both my rads are similar cores size, the original "supposed to be" clean. Yet, it won't cool a mild 318

You can use some mothers on the new radiator and give it a mirror finish,

-
Back