Finally!

-

Troub

67 Dart 270, 225 slant six
Reaction score
Greetings!
Well, after 5 years at two different body shops, my 67 Dart is finally home! Now comes reassembly!
Hope everyone is doing well!

Troub

A231F838-A391-4522-9207-9BDBAC9C7B56.jpeg

E938857A-B6BC-45EB-AF0F-AB48A91B3832.jpeg

46DB4DC3-C6CE-4C1D-A7B5-A3C6A45D43C2.jpeg

That looks really nice!! I like the color. Are you putting the slant back in or moving up to a V8? Either way, I’m watching this thread!!

That looks really nice!! I like the color. Are you putting the slant back in or moving up to a V8? Either way, I’m watching this thread!!
Plan is to use a 383 block from a 65 Newport and stroke it with a kit from 440 Source.

First order of business is to find a 8 3/4 axle housing in A-body length.
The Newport also gave up its 8 3/4” differential to the project! It’s not a sure-grip though. :(

My 67 GTS 383 auto was a close color, 1980's Maroon. I've had a car in body shop jail for 14 years now, gave him an ultimatum to get it done by June 1st, will see how that works for me...LOL..

MVC-003S (4).JPG

Be SUPER careful during the assembly. Use lots of tape, towels, etc. to protect the paint.

It is a purdy color. What color IS it?

Whether you mini tub or not you could cut down that rear housing and axles to fit your dart and have 4.5 BP.
I saved the Newport housing, it’s just finding someone around here to cut and weld it back. No shops around here seem to want to do it.

It is a purdy color. What color IS it?t
Brandywine

I saved the Newport housing, it’s just finding someone around here to cut and weld it back. No shops around here seem to want to do it.
can you weld? if so mark a straight line along the axle tube each side (for alignment). then cut out the required amount in the middle of each tube. now clamp the end sections to the centre (aligning the straight line) between 2 pieces of angle iron. this will hold the tube dead straight while you tack the tubes together. then fully weld switching to opposite sides of the tube to avoid distortion. i've done many axles this way as have others, when the shorter axles are refitted they always spin nice and free with no hint of tightness so.....
neil.

can you weld? if so mark a straight line along the axle tube each side (for alignment). then cut out the required amount in the middle of each tube. now clamp the end sections to the centre (aligning the straight line) between 2 pieces of angle iron. this will hold the tube dead straight while you tack the tubes together. then fully weld switching to opposite sides of the tube to avoid distortion. i've done many axles this way as have others, when the shorter axles are refitted they always spin nice and free with no hint of tightness so.....
neil.
I can MIG but I think metal that thick calls for TIG?

I can MIG but I think metal that thick calls for TIG?
i've mig welded all the ones i've done. just chamfer the edges, lay a nice weld in the bottom of the 'v' (root weld my steel fabricator mate calls that) then again from each side onto that first one followed by a 'cap' weld over the lot. a welder of at least 150-160 amps is needed for decent penetration (ooer missus, lol).
neil.

-
Back