finaly found a reason

-

caferacerx

BAND MEMBER
Reaction score
to leave here for good! these underlined pop up links that just show up out of nowhere! they are really really annoying, really

I've seen a couple people mention them-it's not happening for me (and I know what you're talking about, most of my other forums have them)...

to leave here for good! these underlined pop up links that just show up out of nowhere! they are really really annoying, really

I have seen another thread on this but have never seen one.
I hope you reconsider careferacerx, and stay with us here :eek:

.............Get some one that knows what he/she's doing.....they will solve ur problem.......my buddy did something, now mine doesnt do it on here anymore......kim.........

.............Get some one that knows what he/she's doing.....they will solve ur problem.......my buddy did something, now mine doesnt do it on here anymore......kim.........

Good to know, we don't have to put up with it. Personally my eyes just kind of skip over the ads, they don't bug me, but I can see where they could be annoying to people. I'm just oblivious lol.

what pop ups are you talking about? i don't see anything..

what browser you using? i'm using the latest firefox with ad block and don't see any pop ups.

what pop ups are you talking about? i don't see anything..

what browser you using? i'm using the latest firefox with ad block and don't see any pop ups.
Same here and thank you again Joe :cheers: It has been a good wall to stop ad blocks you advised me on last fall :cheers:

I'm using IE and I don't see any. Try running an up-to-date version of MalwareBytes (www.malwarebytes.org), update it, and do a full scan. Remove everything it finds. Do not buy it, just use the free version.

Go to control panel - Internet options. Go to the Advanced tab and click "Reset..." - read the warning. 99% of the time, the warning is not a concern.

Between those two things, you should get rid of any nasty stuff you might have picked up. Good luck.

Actually I think (hope) you are just kidding, why anyone would want to leave here is beside me, not sure what pop-up links your talking about, do you use antivirus?? how about using Malewarebytes, it's free and works wonders, even the "free" Microsoft Internet Security Solutions works good for free, thats what I have here at work, at home I use BitDefender 2010 total security.

I'm using Norton 360 and I don't have any pop ups.

on your post the words "norton 360" is underlined and if you pass your mouse pointer over it a box pops up with a link to this

http://www.thenerds.net/SYMANTEC_CORPORATION.NORTON_360_PREMIER_50_3PC_RET_.21162336.html?affid=4

this is the company that provides this link service to the web site owner, meaning it has been installed by the owner of FABO in order to maximize profits (not against anyone making a buck, just find them annoying thats all)

http://www.atmalinks.com/

Ever considered they are not coming from this site per se?

Consider using Linux for your everyday browsing. I have run Ubuntu Linus here, with Firefox, for over three years now. NO VIRUS PROTECTION NEEDED

(There actually are viruses out on Linux, but I haven't seen a one, and BELIEVE ME I've tested the limits.)

Ubuntu. You can download a "live" CD or image to load on a USB stick, and run it on your computer without making any changes, or install it if you like it. I have dual boot Ubuntu/ Winhozed7 and have not booted up Windows for months and months

http://www.ubuntu.com/

http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Quote" on your post the words "norton 360" is underlined and if you pass your mouse pointer over it a box pops up with a link to this

It isn't underlined on his post on my page, nothing's been underlined. If it was Joey's server we'd all be getting it or my Malware is blocking it. I'm also using Windows IE8 no magic.

I am not getting any pop ups! I am running Avast anti virus and Spybot S&D.
I don't have any issues with popups or anything else like them.

Avast and Spybot are both free programs.

I use Firefox for a browser also free.

I know what you're talking about caferacerx and I don't have them on my computer while visiting FABO BUT I do have them on some other forum places I venture.

-
Back