finaly its back from the shop!!!!! (904 pics)

-

Meet-Joe-"Dart"

Reaction score
Whoooooo -hoooo!!!! Finally back now I can stop procrastinating and get the Dart back on the road! Ok so here's the story... I get a recommendation from my engine builder for a good tranny builder. I talk to this guy on the phone, he sounds good. His dad was a transmission builder, and together they built a new shop in 1986, same location ever since. Great local reputation. And he's a Mopar enthusiast to boot!(he's got a 68 Charger RT hemi, a 69 Challenger and a beautiful Coronet...he just sold his 70 Dart) So I show up with my 904 one morning... his shop is unlocked with no set alarm! Turns out they went away for 4 days and simply forgot to lock-up. Long story short he gets his neighbour to secure the property. Well when I finaly meet him he is just beside himself with gratitude he says "I'm is just soooo fortunate that someone honest walked in my front door that morning."(68 Charger and the Challenger are both stored at the shop!!) So I get a great deal on my 904. He finds me a new core(he said my core was from a 68?? He didn't like it) Gets me a 1970 904(part throttle down-shift).... builds it with 5 frictions, 2 1/4 width band, set up for 355+ rear gears + a custom 2800 stall torque converter(built by a great converter guy about a 100+ miles outside of town.) Plus a trans-go shift kit. Replaced some broken linkage(no charge) and a busted front clutch(no charge) I am very excited! I see light at the end of the tunnel!!:finga:

Attachments

• IMG_3330.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 322
  • IMG_3329.JPG
    82.2 KB · Views: 339
Glad to hear some honest people around.Things could,ve turned out the worse for him.you did good!

Cool Story, but there is no such thing as a 69 Challenger

Honest man. You're lucky to have found him. What you did was pretty cool too.

Meet-Joe-"Dart";1969479099 said:
Oh i really didn't know that... must be a 70???? Don't freak out but I've always been a Chev guy:mumum: Just gettin into the Mopars.
Are you kidding? I still have my very first car, A 1972 Chevelle SS, I LOVE my Chevy :burnout:

Meet-Joe-"Dart";1969479103 said:
Arrgg I painted it!!! What color should it be? (I'm using Dupli-color not a brand specific color) Originally my 904 was not painted.
Powder coated Silver/Grey maybe.

Not a fatal flaw to have painted it blue- nice to see something different and it's not 'stock' anyways. And I own all 3 manufacturers as well as an AMC Rebel hardtop SST, 'whatever' to all the haters...

-
Back