Finished my interior door panels today??

-

65barracudadude

Reaction score
Well, I think I'm finally happy with the look of the inside of my doors now. It took me a little while to get exactly what I was looking for. But I did it. Except I would really like someone to show me exactly how the interior handles are supposed to be with the windows rolled up. I know it is stupid, but I just cant remember. Thanks.

'cuda door panels001.jpg

'cuda door panels006.jpg

I think it is cool, vintage tuck and roll style. Will the seats match?

Yes, the seats already match. I'm actually waiting for my wiper pivot seals to show up so I can install them before I put in any of the interior. It leaks bad.

Just something different. I'm saving about $1,000 doing it this way myself. I'm not really an interior guy, but I think I've impressed myself on these so far.

i give you lots of credit for your own hard work...looks great and its different, thats what im all about is having something else nobody has!

Looks great! I think the door release handle should be more horizontal. I think that is what you were asking.

Thanks guy's. What I'm asking is how they are supposed to go EXACTLY. When I put the door handle more horizontally they hit each other. Thanks

Leaks,I just had a new w.shield installed in my 66 Dart,took it for a drive and it started raining,leaked bad around the seal,gasket.Took it back and they put sealer in around w.shield the installed again,no leaks now!Maybe your car is leaking around the windshield also,not just the wiper seals?Have you tryed just covering the the wiper arms to see if that,s your only leak?It,s worth a try.By the way sweet panels,did you make them yourself?

Take a look at the interior pics in Blues65 and Jimmi64's galleries, should give you a pretty good idea of handle placement.

Yes, made them myself. Everything about them is scratch. I went out and bought paint,the vinyl, and actually got way better material than factory for the board. It was only $5.00 more for this kind of board. And got some heavy duty velcrow. Works great. Thanks. Anyway, you could be onto something though about leaking. I haven't tried that but it is raining right now and I'm going to right now. I'll let you know. Thanks for the advise.

Here's the best picture I could find on the web for you.
fh000003-resized.jpg

I hope this helps.

looks like your doing a nice job.

Hope to be working on my 68 fish soon.

fh000003-resized.jpg

That is VERY GOOD.Could you tell us how you did that.I plan on doing my own door panels.I plan on buying foam, vinyl,its the stiching that I need advice.I thought glue the foam to the vinyl than run the stiching were I want.Than glue it to the board.Sound right.Again nice work.

Actually, here's how I did it. I bought some board from Home depot. They had the stuff there they used from the factory but I got some better stuff. Then I actually used vinyl material that was already in the car. But I did have to do the stitching on the door panels. I bought the vinyl and some real thin white foam padding and just had my mom stitch it like tuck and roll style witch the rest of the material in the car had already. I didn't glue it on. Matter of fact I didn't use any glue on any of it. I stapled it to the board with my staple gun. With small staples. And use heavy duty Vell-crow to hold it to the door in the places around the edges. It worked perfectly. If anyone would like to know any more just PM me. Thanks.

Looks GREAT!! Well done! I bet the best part isnt even the $ you saved, its the satisfaction you got from doing it yourself and having it look so good!

A real artist at work there...........

They look GREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAT ! NO BULL !

Really clean vintage work there. :toothy10::toothy10::toothy10:

Yes, I'm real happy. I decided to do everything myself. And I mean EVERYTHING!!!! All the way up to now I've never done any real body work or interior work on any of my A-bodies. Just all of the mechanical stuff. It is real cool. And as long as I have all the materials I find it is preatty easy. Thanks for the kind words.

I really like that look, the gold tuck 'n roll has a very cool 'old school hot rod look. Good job man!

Yes, I'm real happy. I decided to do everything myself. And I mean EVERYTHING!!!! All the way up to now I've never done any real body work or interior work on any of my A-bodies. Just all of the mechanical stuff. It is real cool. And as long as I have all the materials I find it is preatty easy. Thanks for the kind words.

You've EARNED those words..........I've been restoring classics for over 35 years, and from me to you, that is great stuff. Really vintage and classy. 8)

Thanks. That makes me feel good. I'm 34 years old and got my first ' 65 barracuda at age 13. My dad and I did black diamond tuck in that car. He is the one who showed me how to do this stuff. I just actually haven't done any work like this since then.

-
Back