first early a body project

what to do with the 62 plymouth valiant

• Total voters
-
It's official Im going with a /6 turbo build!!!!!
I've been busy doing research and getting the parts together for this build so far I gotten
1.oversized valves and 340 springs
2.garrett gt3271 turbo
3.msd 6al ignition with a BTM control
4.Clifford 4 barrel intake with a 650 DP setup up for blow through system

Stay tuned for some updates!!!!!!!!!

Yah a legend in my on mind lol
I truly hope I can produce some good numbers ill be updating this week so stay tuned
Aaron

Here's a couple of pics of a stock slant six exhaust manifold the I modified to accept a turbo flange I also gasket port matched it
I plan to do some moch up fitment of the turbo tomorrow ill post some pics afterwards
Aaron

Attachments

• IMAG0976.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 346
  • IMAG0979.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 342
  • IMAG1027.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 351
  • IMAG1028.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 367
Hi,
I'm working on a 62 Valiant hardtop myself. I'm building a /6 with mild cam, dual exhaust, four barrel carb, and 4 speed. Looking forward to seeing yours.

Regards,
John Brayton

Sweet car did you find it in Michigan? I was at Warwhoops today checking out the old car section and they have a 60-62 Valiant. Jayson

I had one of them as a kid we put a stock 318 in with a 410 rear and it ran like hell, all depends what you want to do.

Anouther slant headed for the 10s,FANTASTIC.I have my 62 valiant down to 2360 lbs with me in it.Will bee watching build and rooting for you.Guzzi Mark

Mine goes 11.50 all motor on gas so with a good turbo build it should bee fairly easy.I would highly recomend getting as much weight out as possible if its going to be a pure race car.Guzzi Mark

Sorry I haven't posted any updates recently I've been terribly busy
I've been doing a lot of head porting and polishing and port matching of the intake and exhaust manifold (30 hours of it) here is a couple pics I took today THIS IS ONLY A MOCK UP I've been trying to check to make sure everything is going to fit
As u can see I'm quite happy with the progress I'm making with the time I've spent so far on this project

Attachments

• IMAG0024-1-1.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 337
  • IMAG0029-1-1-1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 341
Take that " Helper " spring off the clutch pedal.....about all it " helps " is to make the pedal stay on the floor on a hard launch......found this out by expirience......sure, it makes the clutch feel heavy, but it works.

here's some pics of the turbo toad with its new rear end and relocated leaf springs

the last two phote's are of my finished head it turned out great:cheers:

Aaron

Attachments

• IMAG0118.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 298
  • IMAG0121.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 293
  • IMAG0125.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 288
  • IMAG0095.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 282
  • IMAG0096.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 301
I would suggest a small blockA friend of mine has a 61 that the floor had rotted out years ago so he built a full frame for it and put in a 440 withfenderwell headers, mustang 2 front end,full rollcage(10 point)etc, etc ,etc I m trying to get him to at least get it running. THE DANA NEEDS PUNNISHMENT!!!

If ya wanna run in the 13s stuff a small block.If ya want low 12s,I would go 440.If ya wanna run in the low 10s,SLANT with a turbo.A slant would bee my choice.I run 11.50 all motor with a slant in a 62 valiaint.:angel13::angel13::angel13:Guzzi Mark

That turbo setup looks pretty cool. Glad to see you decided to stay with the Slant Six. Hope you'll post more info when you get it running.

Cheers,
Ken

-
Back