First Start Video, 64 Cuda Magnum EFI Swap, kinda ClickBait

-

robcuda

Reaction score
Not really the very first start but was excited to get rid of some bugs and it's running great! Thanks to FABO for getting me this far (I knew nada about cars!) and Brian for figuring out the harness for me!

Last edited:
Awesome! Thanks for the heads up the link was fixed. Was the harness very hard to fix once you got some help? I have a low mile 5.9 I want to put in my 88 Dodge pickup, and have every under hood wire and fuse box from the 98 3500 it came out of. Just haven't jumped on it to get it done yet.

Awesome! Thanks for the heads up the link was fixed. Was the harness very hard to fix once you got some help? I have a low mile 5.9 I want to put in my 88 Dodge pickup, and have every under hood wire and fuse box from the 98 3500 it came out of. Just haven't jumped on it to get it done yet.
A guy helped me gut the harness to simplify the ignition, power, pretty much everything else still in place for injectors, sensors, trans. As some have said on here, best to not cut anything until running and driving, even if you have a anaconda under dash or engine bay.

My 88 Dodge is an old beat around firewood truck, so I don't care so much what the wiring looks like at first....as long as it works properly.

My 88 Dodge is an old beat around firewood truck, so I don't care so much what the wiring looks like at first....as long as it works properly.
It's just a suggestion, but buy a aluminum fuel cell off of ebay, pretty cheap. Mount it in the back of truck and cut a hole for the donor pump. Place pump in and make four tabs to hold pump in place. Run the single stock fuel line to fuel rail and you are done with fuel. If you use the donor instruement panel you can also get fuel level from same pump. It's really all about thinking ahead. I know I did not, LOL!

Not really the very first start but was excited to get rid of some bugs and it's running great! Thanks to FABO for getting me this far (I knew nada about cars!) and Brian for figuring out the harness for me!

Thats pretty dang cool! I am on the fence of going Magnum or Hemi. Any more pictures would be great, what's all the electronic gizmos in the dash board for?

Thats pretty dang cool! I am on the fence of going Magnum or Hemi. Any more pictures would be great, what's all the electronic gizmos in the dash board for?
That's cool, you'll have to let me know which way you go. The help here with a mag swap is awesome. I still have the OBDII port from the donor. With a blue tooth or wifi plug in transmitter along with an app you can receive any info the computer puts out via your phone or tablet. I'll try and add a pic for you tomorrow.

1A9BDB16-B582-432A-824F-F2F45C7CB043.jpeg
82217B35-22C6-425A-8455-9EB56AA281C9.jpeg
Here are a couple pictures. The Veepeak shown is the Bluetooth OBD2 transmitter I am using.

Oh, come ON!!! WE know why you put the girlfriend in there!!! LOLOL Looks pretty good.

Why is the volts reading AFU? 118.11 ???? 8.11 ???

Oh, come ON!!! WE know why you put the girlfriend in there!!! LOLOL Looks pretty good.

Why is the volts reading AFU? 118.11 ???? 8.11 ???
Ha funny! That’s a problem with the intellitronix digital gauge. I checked the ground thinking that was the problem, it’s grounded to the dash. Next try is to ground it directly to battery. If that doesn’t work I may have a defective unit.

-
Back