First Time Drag racing

-
You keep believing a 4sp is the end all. lol I bet a lot of auto's have blew right past you. lol
Same engine same chassis an auto with a stall convertor wins EVERY time.

Not if you know how to drive a stick, And apparently you don't. LOL

LOL, looks like you had fun and you sure got the bench Racers out in full bloom....
I never had any trouble shiftin my 4 speed at any RPM. Sounds like you may need to replace that 5 year old clutch...
You absolutely don't need a crash box or a slick shift. Especially if you're driving it on the street often.
These guys aren't hearing that you finally made it to the track once...

Hello bench racers? He just wants it to run a little better, he doesn't want to turn it into a full-blown trailer dragster.....

When I used to be good at it.....
The best compliments came from people asking me what kind of shift kit did I install in the trans.

I told them it was called a “Left Foot Express.”

You keep believing a 4sp is the end all. lol I bet a lot of auto's have blew right past you. lol
Same engine same chassis an auto with a stall convertor wins EVERY time.

I have a variable stall at any speed I want it, auto trans do not . What a dumb a$$. A stick is always faster than a auto. Always has been, always will be my friend.

Lots left in her. I think mid to low 12's. You've identified many of your issues, so you'll see the ET drop fast as you get them resolved
I must be out of tune of what a magnum 360 / 380 is? Is this some kind of special motor? Lo 12's?

I have a variable stall at any speed I want it, auto trans do not . What a dumb a$$. A stick is always faster than a auto. Always has been, always will be my friend.

I believe yall are talkin about two different things. I think he was talkin about in terms of shifting and he's right. You cannot outshift an automatic. I believe are talking about over all, with a good clutch, very little to no slippage. In that comparison, the manual trans will be faster overall, IMO. Either way, it's a debate that has raged since the beginning of time and going on for three pages isn't helping the OP's original question.

Last edited:
I must be out of tune of what a magnum 360 / 380 is? Is this some kind of special motor? Lo 12's?

Hey, my Ebody went 11.80 114.9 mph with a stock 340, well with a cam and valve springs !

I believe yall are talkin about two different things. I think he was talkin about in terms of shifting and he's right. You cannot outshift an automatic. You I believe are talking about over all, with a good clutch, very little to no slippage. In that comparison, the manual trans will be faster overall, IMO. Either way, it's a debate that has raged since the beginning of time and going on for three pages isn't helping the OP's original question.

You got that right but who started it? Who is faster ? Tell it to Sox & Martin

You got that right but who started it? Who is faster ? Tell it to Sox & Martin

Oh absolutely......I almost said that myself. Shift kit technology hasn't really evolved that much, so you know he ran against some stout automatics.....and won. Ain't everybody Ronnie Sox, though. I beat a lot of auto cars with my 69 Chevelle when I raced. A lot. I don't consider myself real fast shifting, either. I mean I can power shift. You know, shift without ever lifting your foot off the gas, but there were obviously way faster people than I was.

opinions vary. Watch the name calling Pal. and you are clueless.
Keep running your mouth and your slow junk.

at an estimated 3500 lbs and 380 hp according to Wallace is around 12.20's and 110 mph .

at an estimated 3500 lbs and 380 hp according to Wallace is around 12.20's and 110 mph .
All things being perfect... yup. That’s what I remember hearing from racers @ E town. Some fellas were telling me 11’s in a race prepped car (stripped out.)

The Wallace calculator seems like a fun toy, but I'm not quite sure what it has to do with reality...

The Wallace calculator seems like a fun toy, but I'm not quite sure what it has to do with reality...

What if we drop the race weight to 2800?

Calculators are just the facts of what the facts say. Adhering to it like it’s the end all is a bad idea. To many people here have there “Stuck” in the calculators.

I think there is worth in them. Though I love it more when someone goes quicker than the “Facts.” They are suddenly the “Magic man” vs the guy that runs slower than the calculator says, he becomes the guy that doesn’t know WTF he’s doing and a dumb fracker.

I really never use the Wallace calculator. I just make estimates off of what i'd expect if they were my projects :D

I figure he has about 80-100 more hp than me. Plus his gears. So if I put 3.91 gears in my car and hit it with a 100 shot, it should go low 12's at least. maybe quicker and into 11's. (figuring I'm 13.4's now)

Not true bro. At All
Go to a 500,000 to win bracket race. Best sportsmen drivers in the country. Point out to me all the guys running a stick and winning money.
None are. I bet a ton of them ( like Jeggy and others who compete at these events) would laugh at you for saying what you said
A stick is WAY harder to get down a track for an average Joe. Period.

I figure he has about 80-100 more hp than me. Plus his gears. So if I put 3.91 gears in my car and hit it with a 100 shot, it should go low 12's at least. maybe quicker and into 11's. (figuring I'm 13.4's now)

Says the 318hasvalvesthatwillfly/Wallace calculator LOL....:poke:

-
Back