First time out

-
That's AWESOME! Excellent first outing with the new motor! How was the air yesterday?

I was just looking on my phone, and oddly enough, I have a time slip with almost the same incrementals, lol (my 60’ was way off that day for some reason...must have been the track prep). Like I said, I think your car will be faster than mine when you work the bugs out. Nice job.

You should be able to get that 60’ into the 1.4x’s with a well prepped track and a sorted out suspension. :)

That's great Justin! What suspension is in the rear of that thing? (I forget - I think we talked about that... and no you can't have the stock shifter back! lol)

Congrats! Just one more example of a long arm small block making great power. I can't wait for mine!

It's worth the wait. A buddy went with us. He has a 70 lemans with a 496 big block. Ran 11.70 on motor And 10.70 with a 250 shot.

Shift from 1st to 3rd and ran your best MPH. Just shifting at a lower rpm might get you mid 10s.

Great first outing! I love these stroker small blocks, it's only gonna get faster. Look into the B&M Pro-ratchet, I've used it in all my car's for many years, impossible to miss a shift and very durable and user friendly.

Going back to the track for Runday Sunday. Hopefully have some good results. Gonna try some different shock settings and launch rpms.

First run off the trailer 10.96. 1.50 60ft. Thru full exhaust. Down hill from there. 11.0s for two more and then broken axle.

If your breaking things it means your going fast..which is good,time to upgrade I prefer Moser axles,and as stated 35 splines..

Nice times for your second time out :cheers:Factory axels?When buying new..go 35 spline.JMO

That would mean replacing the almost new sure grip. Axles are going to be $500 buy the time they hit the front door. Wife's already on my *** about the coin I put in the car. If she only knew how much is really in it.

when our Duster was running 10's we'd have to pull the axles on a regular basis and check for twist..... and they usually were pretty bad. 35 spline D60 took care of that. Good first outing!! It will only get better from there!

-
Back