Fitech EFI so far WOW

-

dodge71demon

Reaction score
Just finished up installing the 400 HP Fitech and so far I am very impressed not only with the system but that even an old fart like me could do it that's how simple it is special thanks to Pace Performance - sorry I didn't buy everything from you had to spread the $$ out - ended up costing around $1800 for everything including EFI tank - ready to run dizzy - plugs and wires on and on can't wait to get it on the road

Glad to help and glad to see it worked well!

Double Wow, just started our Dodge Dart with 360 Magnum Crate.
27 Degree in Oregon and snowing, garage is 40 deg. Still working on finishing up the new gauges for wiring and wanted to make sure Fitech was still happy.

Fired right up and warmed up to operating without touching the gas pedal.

Amazing!

Great it's pushing single digits here waiting till I get it out on the road to do it's learning

it stayed below freezing here today but sun was shining. cranked it up and drove it about 10 miles and it performed well so far

Good to hear that fuel injection is working for you. I'm regretting getting QFI's Fuel injection system, I'm having nothing but problems.

Going to be installing a FiTech 400 on my 360 once I get it broken in. Too many horror stories to try to use it on a new build at that. Johnny at Pace has a fantastic price and is a good communicator. There is a fantastic help page on Facebook for fitech. Check those guys out. Worth joining the group for the free tech help alone. Glad to hear yours runs good already. Did you use the fuel command center?

I certainly understand the benefits of FI, but my car runs so well with the Eddy Thunder carb, that I can't imagine it could be much better. At least not $1800 better. I'd like to take a ride in a converted car to see and feel the difference.

I certainly understand the benefits of FI, but my car runs so well with the Eddy Thunder carb, that I can't imagine it could be much better. At least not $1800 better. I'd like to take a ride in a converted car to see and feel the difference.
Sometimes the difference you see in a tuned carb is small, but the fuel economy for us who are making daily or semi daily drivers is where it's at. Can you walk out in 25 degree weather, reach through the window and crank that carbureted Edelbrock up? Don't touch the throttle.... just crank it up and walk away. That's a big part of the equation too.

Hyjack
I have a question about the "learn mode". If an EFI system is used on a street/strip car. Will it change the mapping through the course of the races/day and futz with your cars E.T.'s? And if so, how is this overcome?

I went this way for several reasons - reliability - exhaust fumes - starting - ethanol reaction to carb - idle kick up with AC on yes my Eddy also worked well but change in weather would effect it

Hyjack
I have a question about the "learn mode". If an EFI system is used on a street/strip car. Will it change the mapping through the course of the races/day and futz with your cars E.T.'s? And if so, how is this overcome?
It's going to tune and keep it tuned for optimal air fuel ratio. Which in the end is max hp and economy. Not to mention the timing control and nitrous control should you use that system. Up idle for fans and A/C too. If somebody is going EFi there is a good chance they are modernizing their rides. It makes a car very modern day feature friendly.

Last edited:
Couldn't wait got my car out today temperature in the low 30's again very impressed seems lots more responsive possibly a little tweaking to do hope to get it out more later this week temps to be in the high 40's

Last edited:
correct no lock out on the dizzy not controlling timing through the EFI by the way after changing the dizzy to HEI ran it on the carb for awhile should have done it long ago simple and lots better than the old Mopar stuff

Not trying to hijack the post but I've installed a 400HP FiTech on my Son's 86 W150 truck (360 LA) with no issues at all. This truck is his winter driver and the FiTech has performed in temperatures down to -30C. We used FiTechs replacement pump for their Command Center (cost $100) and just installed it in a newer EFI tank replacing the existing. The one suggestion that I would have for anyone installing a FiTech is to use a ground strap from one of the 4 throttle body mounting bolt/studs to the battery ground connection on the block. Might be overkill but since the FiTech harness doesn't have a ground wire they rely on a ground connection through the 4 mount studs, intake, heads to block or just head if your battery ground is there. One could have many dissimilar metals along that path. It never hurts to have it well grounded. My 2 cents.

-
Back