FiTech EFI system

-
I purchased the Go EFI 600 and Fuel center from Pace in December. Cost a small fortune in Canadian dollars. $1826. Had a friend bring it back from Indiana at Christmas so saved on shipping and duty thankfully.
I have been watching this thread since the begining as I wanted this for my 70 340 Duster, but it runs fine with a carb.
Instead I am going to use on my daily driver 87 Ramcharger with a 79 360 in it. It gets horrible gas mileage at 12.5 miles to a US gallon. I am hoping to improve on that.
For the first while I am just going to use the fuel mode and latter I will do the timing as I have a old lean burn dizzy allready to go in if I want.
I have to change out my intake manifold to a 4 barrel and than the install begins.
It will be interesting to see how it starts on these cold northern Ontario mornings, -20 c this morning.
I am not interested in more power, I need fuel mileage and if I can pick up 2 or 3 miles to a gallon it will be a success in my books.
Hope to have it up and running by the end of the weekend.
Mike

I pulled the trigger. I want this so bad, I HATE my carb! Sure sure I know carbs worked great for many many years, but times are different and I'm not willing to learn all the tuning required on a technololgy last used in 1986. My last carb was a four barrel on an 86 Firebird, it ran great and I never had to touch the thing. Not so the case know, I plan on modifying my engine somewhat more, now with this system if I change the exhuast or a cam I have to do ZERO to the carb. I called FITech and they were three weeks out, Jegs almost two, Summit was in stock with free shipping, I can't wait to sell my carb, hell I might just put it on a shelf in my mancave as a old school conversation piece.

Johnny, I did not know that you were a dealer for FITech. What's one to do, I don't make the system? Here's the deal, I spend a thousand dollars, guess what, I don't want to be told I have to wait three weeks because Jegs and Summit bought up all the supply....I spend my money because I want a product, not to finance a future supply of product. I would have most definetely supported small business, I am one. So are you saying your upset with me? I didn't even start this post????

This is exactly whats wrong with social media. You just want to talk with some people with similar interests, and sorry but you don't have time too follow all their personal / monetary interests, and then somebody gets their feelings hurt. Did someone say , "Hey Phill, this is who you should buy from X to support a member" no they did not because then apparently you get kicked of the site for unpaid advertising, so don't get a attitude because I drop a grand and actually what the product delivered inside of a week.

FItech seems to be having a supply issue with their FI fuel lines, just be aware there may be a delay if you want the inline fuel pump option.

Johnny, I did not know that you were a dealer for FITech. What's one to do, I don't make the system? Here's the deal, I spend a thousand dollars, guess what, I don't want to be told I have to wait three weeks because Jegs and Summit bought up all the supply....I spend my money because I want a product, not to finance a future supply of product. I would have most definetely supported small business, I am one. So are you saying your upset with me? I didn't even start this post????

This is exactly whats wrong with social media. You just want to talk with some people with similar interests, and sorry but you don't have time too follow all their personal / monetary interests, and then somebody gets their feelings hurt. Did someone say , "Hey Phill, this is who you should buy from X to support a member" no they did not because then apparently you get kicked of the site for unpaid advertising, so don't get a attitude because I drop a grand and actually what the product delivered inside of a week.

Alright so. Not to pick on particularly you here Phill. As others have mentioned buying from summit. And I don't think he was specifically talking you. But Johnny does in fact mention several times on here that he works for pace, and pace sells them. He even mentions it when you ask about the new 400 HP unit. He answers all your questions about it, tell's you the retail, and links to pace. You even reply to that post. If you can't catch on or keep up by then that the guy is trying to get sales while also helping out his mopar brethren, then i dunno what to say to yah.

Johnny is going out of his way to come on here. Answer questions about the product. Help us figure out what we need to keep our classic's on the road and running great. And we repay him by going to the "competition". Even after he's given some of the fella's on here great deals. Am I saying he deserves the sale just cause he's a member of the board? No. I'm saying he's EARNED the sale by answering unending questions, including some covered in the FAQ or instructions available on FITech, even repeating himself several times for some of you.

Also not to mention summit currently says not shipping till end of jan/start of feb on a lot of things. While pace seems to have it all in stock.

There's nothing wrong with social media. Without it we wouldn't have johnny answering all these questions for us. And giving us guys great deals.

I for one thank you Johnny and when the canadian dollar comes up, or April 1st comes, whichever first. I know who I'm talking to for my setup.

I'm not going to quote anything above, as i'm not specifically trying to pick on anyone. Just thanking those who have contacted me. It's 100 percent correct no one is obligated to contact me. I offered the assistance on my own free will. Just trying to be helpful. Thanks to those who purchased from pace, and have utilized my replies. And as of yesterday I HAD some units in stock, and more incoming next week. Thats a Fact. I'm just asking for anyone needing professional help to pm me, as it is apparent to me that people are drawing numerous false conclusions, while missing other very obvious ones. As I'm taking time off the clock to answer questions, and provide info, and talk to people in Australia on my cell phone even at midnight. It's greatly appreciated when i earn their business, opposed to having them run to summit or jegs to place an order after my tech help. I can't keep the lights on like that...

PHil, sorry if you feel I singled you out. As i go back and read our communication starting on page 16...I'm not sure how we weren't on the same page. Please base any future posts on facts, opposed to speculation. I'll leave it at that in the name of professionalism.

Thanks for the kind words lustie.

Now back to your regularly scheduled fitech thread activity :)

Johnny I went back and read it also, you are very helpful and I apologize. It's clear going back reading it now.
I will say this, about Pace, I needed the Remflex header gaskets to finish up my install. I had no idea everyone was back ordered on them, I found them on Pace's website, stated in-stock, ordered them. Next day I get an email stating they would be on back order for quite some time. So just because they say in stock and take your money does not necessarily mean your item is on it's way. Now in their defense, they did let me know the next day and after I told them I could not wait they did promptly refund my money. But that is my only personal experience with Pace. Other than Johnny, who is very helpful. I will be checking Pace for parts next time first.

Johnny I went back and read it also, you are very helpful and I apologize. It's clear going back reading it now.
I will say this, about Pace, I needed the Remflex header gaskets to finish up my install. I had no idea everyone was back ordered on them, I found them on Pace's website, stated in-stock, ordered them. Next day I get an email stating they would be on back order for quite some time. So just because they say in stock and take your money does not necessarily mean your item is on it's way. Now in their defense, they did let me know the next day and after I told them I could not wait they did promptly refund my money. But that is my only personal experience with Pace. Other than Johnny, who is very helpful. I will be checking Pace for parts next time first.

Appreciate the response! Yes we advertise every product we offer online, and we can't stock Everything obviously (but that also doesn't mean we're 3 weeks out on everything either). Typically if summit or jegs has it, i can get it also. I know we're kind of the SBC / LS haven, but i'm switching that around to also support my FABO-ers, and i have huge things in the works for the late model hemi swap market.

anyways!!! Thanks again. and let me know what you're looking for in the future.

Alright now that we got that figure out, lets get back on topic!

The FITech unit! How's everyones running so far? Any more track times or new installs? I'm loving what I'm seeing so far, these guys are on my "car wish" list.

Anybody have somethng in mind they want to see while I do my install? I'd be happy to try and take some picks.

Not A Body related but it will in the future. I bought my 87 Dodge W150 back from my dad. 3k miles in 10 years lol.... Anyhoo, I put a nice 340 in it back in the day with Roller Cam setup and decent compression. I use to get around 12mpg at best with the AFB. I am going to drive it some and get the mileage back around that number and try this FI. It seems simplistic and I want to propel this thing into the next era of ownership lol....

If this pans out I will cross over to another system for the 72 A Body later in the year. It has a TQ on it and does well but I want FI on the Duster also....

JW

I email FItech a question, does your system work with a two step? The answer is no. But, in the near future there will be a mean street edition that will address the two step issue.

Just wanted to put that out there

Just sitting around waiting to hear the UPS truck pull up out front to get my hands on this jewel. Ooo is that it, nope.

Got my system up and running but having a problem. The hand held controller is not working properly, I did get it set up to run but the screen is all over the place. I can not get it to go back to do any adjustments. I called FiTec and am waiting for them to call me back, sure hope it is something simple.

It came and I've had a chance to look at it. It's really hard to believe they packed all this into such a small package for this price, I love the concept and I love the hardware. It looks like a big carb until you see some wires coming out, really those wires could get lost in an average engine bay and to someone not a car-nut probably will pass as a carb with the air cleaner on.
I can see where they have tested the unit, you can see a bit of residue around the atomizing holes, they are so small I probably wouldn't be able to see them without the test residue giving them away. So we know that they are testing each one before shipping, that's great. Packing is obviously good with a piece like this.
Everything looks too be well made and put together well, nothing at all you can see that says this unit is half the price of others, the wires are well protected in areas that may chafe. I see a small area of the black finish that was chipped off somehow, but they took the time to touch it up so they definatley care about appearance.
This install is going to be alot of fun, easy, rewarding, and I can't wait to drive it!

I am thinking of adding a Cool Can in line with the high pressure. Is this a good idea or not ?

I have it already so why not.

Attachments

• Mycoolcan.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 618
What are you guys using for hot crank and run for the white ign wire? I'm pretty sure that the issue we're having is the power dies as soon as we get done cranking. Location and colors and how you did it would be excellent

Using stock mopar ign and not using FiTech for timing

I want to talk a little about customer service. We were having a hell of a time getting everything going. There were a few steps that I missed going back over the directions. I reached out to johnnymac for some assistance since I purchased from pace and since he is quite the SME on this system. He took his time on a Saturday morning to call me and walk us through troubleshooting on getting up and running.

Sure, there are other places you can get this system, but are they going to PM you and call you and make sure you are good to go? If you haven't bought this yet, I highly suggest buying from Pace if not just for the simple fact that they have a guy that will go out of their way to make sure you're satisfied and up and running and offer to call the manufacturer direct to solve your issue if all the troubleshooting steps don't work.

I have no doubt that this is a great system and guys like Johnny out there will make sure it's good to go. Thanks again.

-
Back