Flasher problem

-

bbmopars

Reaction score
Hey my flashers only work when use my turn signal lever.minute l turn the turn signal switch off. keep emergency flashers lever out and on still the flashers/hazards lights quit workin.Anyone have this problem before?

Last edited:
Gonna have to phrase your question differently for me, I don't understand what your asking. Are you saying that your emergency flashers don't work?

Only work when l lift up on turn signal lever and when the turn signals work.soon as shut off turn signal either side the emergency flashers quit working and l still have flasher lever out.basically they quit when l turn off signals off.

There are 2 flashers in the system. Replace the flasher for the 4-ways. You are using the turn signal flasher to make them blink.

There are 2 flashers in the system. Replace the flasher for the 4-ways. You are using the turn signal flasher to make them blink.
Yah im using turn signal flasher to make them blink.put new flashers in yesterday,thats the problem l have

No there should be one by the ash tray and one by the steering column on the pedal assembly. Usually clipped on if never replaced properly. I've seen many just hanging. This info only holds true if were talking 67-76 a-bodies

No there should be one by the ash tray and one by the steering column on the pedal assembly. Usually clipped on if never replaced properly. I've seen many just hanging. This info only holds true if were talking 67-76 a-bodies
Its a 71 dart,if there just hangin down will cause problems like I'm having?

The first thing to do now if you checked the flashers is check the turn signal/flasher switch. To do this without knowledge,test light,or schematic. Get a used working switch from someone local to you and plug it into the harness at the bottom of the column. You don't have to take anything apart to do this. Just unplug yours and plug the test switch in. Operate it manually by hand and see if the flashers work. This will eliminate tearing the column down for no reason.

Check to make sure all bulbs are correct and installed properly. Adjust the brake light switch. Report back. Do the brake lights work while u use the signals and vice versa?
Ok will let you know,with one brake light stuck one that will that cause a problem with hazards flashers lights not working right?

The first thing to do now if you checked the flashers is check the turn signal/flasher switch. To do this without knowledge,test light,or schematic. Get a used working switch from someone local to you and plug it into the harness at the bottom of the column. You don't have to take anything apart to do this. Just unplug yours and plug the test switch in. Operate it manually by hand and see if the flashers work. This will eliminate tearing the column down for no reason.
I'll try that with a another switch and see if it fix problem.

you have one brake light stuck on... does the other work? if memory serves me right, the brake lights run through the turn signal switch. That switch cancels the brake light for the direction the signal is running.

What happens when u unplug the switch? Does the signal flash on the side the brake light is on?R u sure the right bulb is in that socket? Did u change the flasher? Did u try a different signal light switches suggested by omm? Disconnect the white wire from the signal light switch to see if the brake light goes out. I believe there is a plug behind the drivers kick panel or under the rocker sill plate/carpet. Kim

What happens when u unplug the switch? Does the signal flash on the side the brake light is on?R u sure the right bulb is in that socket? Did u change the flasher? Did u try a different signal light switches suggested by omm? Disconnect the white wire from the signal light switch to see if the brake light goes out. I believe there is a plug behind the drivers kick panel or under the rocker sill plate/carpet. Kim
Yah change flasher,don't have any other turn signal switches.send a diagram or pic where the white and pink wire connects to on brake light switch?

-
Back