fm3 coded 340 auto duster resto...............

-
I was once drawn to E-bodies but I have found my real calling is the
entry level a-bodies. I had a 70 Challenger 5 years ago but sold it
because it was just so "not me" I'm just a average Joe (blessed
with a good paying job and a very understanding wife)

Here are a few pics for you Oldmanmopar...

Wilson
Ontario
Canada

That is very nice but to valuble to have fun with. That Demon you built is a Keeper.

ok, i just got back from mikes hose down in tn. what a trip.(badlilred79)

i scored a sharktooth grille, breather, dual hood scoops, all the little trinkets i needed, centercaps, dual exaust, and alot of other stuff. i left there with a big **** grin on my face. heck, he even bought me,wife and our two children dinner!

will be painting the hood, scoops, grille and other stuff in the next two days, so i should be right on que for it on the road on wensday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ok, i just got back from mikes hose down in tn. what a trip.(badlilred79)

i scored a sharktooth grille, breather, dual hood scoops, all the little trinkets i needed, centercaps, dual exaust, and alot of other stuff. i left there with a big **** grin on my face. heck, he even bought me,wife and our two children dinner!

will be painting the hood, scoops, grille and other stuff in the next two days, so i should be right on que for it on the road on wensday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did you get a look at the triple red Duster. That is a sweet ride for sure!

Speaking just for myself- I think you did one hell of a job saving a rare car from the crusher. Is is "perfect"? In the big picture, does it really matter? Could you drive and enjoy a "perfect" car? The little "mistakes" are what makes it YOUR car- you were the one commiting the time/skills/money to the car to save it, so if it suits you, I say big props to you for doing it. No disrespect to those offering suggestions/details, someone out there may well want to build a perfect car, and now they have the info to do so-but in my humble opinion, Ma Mopar built these cars to be driven. Wish I had the opportunity to build one that nice!

wow that's sad bro. but i bet rich is up in heaven smiling looking down at how good of a job you did on his baby! :D

nice lookin' ride...
i hope the lady wants to take it for a spin! then i know you wont be sellin' it haha.

p.s. that's what i'm going to do with my duster. it's not a show car, gonna be a driver... good ole boy car, moonshine runner, coffee shop runner, whateva

Did you get a look at the triple red Duster. That is a sweet ride for sure!

just me just start by saying............. i have never been so impressed with the cars, and hot ticket items this man has!. 30 or 40 sets of h.p mani's, at least 35+ s.t grilles. man, i could go on for two hours!!!!!!!!!!!
all awesomely impressive. mark, i love that triple duster. it tickles the pickle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks to all for the nice comments. i know steve means well pointing out what he seen wrong. i do not mind, and after driving it for a while, maybe i can correct a few of them issues later on, but right now, my wallet left empt at mikes!. i went with 1k, and was so happy to spend it all there! got about 2500.00+ woprth of stuff. great guy.

matter of fact. i want to point something out. as a few may know, me and mike had our words before, and after spending the day there, and getting to know him, and see the real him, mike, i want to make a public apoligy, and tell you that i should not have judged you before i knew you!. you gave me some awseom deals, knowing i am low on cash, but trying to get the car done. no where in my mind did i think i would be comming home with a never been repaired or cracked mint sharktooth grille!!!!!!!!!!!!! for pennies at that. i will not put a price out there, for you, cause you will have guys beating your doors down for all of them!.lmao.
you treated me and my family like your own.

back to the car.lol, i have cleaned the s.t grille, and decided that the black fins are too nice to repaint them, so i will be taping them all up, and re-shooting just the argent silver. it will look new once it is done, and have no cracks to fix makes it that much nicer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks a ton

I love a happy Mopar ending!! Great job and get out and enjoy all your hard work!!

I love a happy Mopar ending!! Great job and get out and enjoy all your hard work!!

thanks joe , your family and kids are welcome anytime , i ve got you another cheap 340 duster to built2500 matching numbers so dont think the pink one got to go anytime soon i ve got you something else to work on , guys ill be out for a few days i am ging in the hosiptal monday to go undrethe knife .......... next time joe i'll take you to the farm badlilred79

what a pleasure mike! p.s. hope everything goes well for you

i have been taping this grille for the last 4 hrs !!!!!!!!. man, what alot of fins!. still not done!

Wow! what an incredible read, from start to finish in about 3 hours. Fantastic work and what a great car!
Thanks to 340plot and also to the others that are so knowledgeable about these cars. Makes me love my 69 Dart swap /6 to V8 project all the more, wrong strip and all!

as far as that honda... once you get your duster done... if it was me i'd pull her inside, yank the engine. if the block is salvageable you can get rods / pistons etc get the block bored/cleaned up and make a driver again. chances are some rice lover hooked nitrous to it and the block has a piece missing though. that car doesnt look like a 250k car, and those engines usually will last that long unless the owner abused it.

here are some pics of the grille, before, after cleaning it, and then the final paint job. it turned out great. also, i did the headlight bezels and the center caps.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 408
  • 010.JPG
    163.4 KB · Views: 404
  • 009.JPG
    180 KB · Views: 407
  • 008.JPG
    179 KB · Views: 394
  • 007.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 410
  • 006.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 406
  • 005.JPG
    179.5 KB · Views: 395
  • 004.JPG
    191.8 KB · Views: 392
  • 003.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 405
  • 002.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 408
the rest

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 397
  • 019.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 380
  • 018.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 402
  • 017.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 400
  • 016.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 400
  • 015.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 395
  • 014.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 409
  • 013.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 384
  • 012.JPG
    198 KB · Views: 410
  • 011.JPG
    150.8 KB · Views: 404
and last few

Attachments

• 022.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 398
  • 021.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 390
wel, i got to paint the upper grille support tonight, along with the hood.

here is the grille ready to install with no broken anchor points, and the scoops sanded, primed and painted. ready to go!

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 367
  • 029.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 352
  • 028.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 370
  • 027.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 026.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 379
  • 025.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 024.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 361
  • 023.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 372
I like the color scheme on the grille. That gives that grille a touch of a 70 with the darker metalic. Nice touch. The teeth look to be a lighter silver. That is going to give that car a unique look.

The fins in my grille were not blacked out from the factory. The way it is painted is the way it came. I only repainted the top, bottom and the rims. The rest is the way it came. It needed no repair. This is the only grille I hed that came this way that was not broke. I have several that have the fins blacked out but I liked this look. My grille is molded in black plastic and painted silver most are the opposite.

I may just do what you did to your grille for my 70. My other 71 gets one with blacked out fins thats how it came. I can't wait to seeThat grille in your car.

Attachments

• DSCF0111.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 332
  • DSCF0024.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 360
What else I always thought of doing was putting the upper and lower small inner chrome trim from a 70 grille on a sharks tooth. It does fit I tried it. It really wasn't noticable . but with the darker paint like yours I think it might just give it that 70 touch. Its just a thought?

well, got the hood and lower/upper grille supports painted!

Attachments

• 031.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 348
  • 033.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 349
-
Back