For Retired Hippies Only. What are you listening to?

-

Rest in Peace Jeff Beck

genuflectII.jpg

Every time I hear these guys and gals I'm amazed by their talents and musical skills

To amaze me even further YouTube stacks this right behind it :D

Steely Dan... Along with Crosby stills Nash and (sometimes) Young and the Doobie brothers my all time favorite songs to listen to ... All day any day.

I get so sick n tired of the local station by work... They overplay ac/dc, guns n roses and def Leppard constantly. Those last two, the next time I hear either, (even if it's 10 years from now) it willl be too damn soon. Cannot stand either.
I sent an online request to that station this morning pledging with them to sub in CSN any time they get the urge to play GnR or def Leppard. They didn't comply. In fact they did a long "war and peace" length discussion on David Crosby and then said that they would do a tribute... One damn song long... Then...more guns n roses.... BLAH!!!!

Growing up in 70s and 80s, circle jerks, dead Kennedys, Chicago, Rick Springfield, TSOL, eagles, and such.

"TSOL" huh?
Yeah I grew up in late 70s/ early 80s (graduated HS 1985) and did not care for much of the then current music scene then either, unless it was an older established group "even then"
Duran Duran, the cars, the police, John cougar, hall and oates, Genesis, journey, was the end of "good music ".
Heavy metal was huge then (still can't stand) as was def Leppard, guns n roses poison inxs etc YUCK!!!!!!!!
I'd rather listen to steely Dan, CCR, the doobies,
Van Halen, led Zeppelin, Steve winwood (along with the bands he was in) CSNY, Bob seger, the who, the guess who, BTO. From Woodstock era til the early 80s (minus disco) was the best...

I am not fan of def myself so the state of liberty short for TSOL more in Gothic sub culture/ punk.

-
Back