For Retired Hippies Only. What are you listening to?

-
I havent listened to your provided clip yet, but I definitely like the band America that originally did the song.... I saw them live about 3 years ago.....been listening to them a long time, another band I wish the local stations would play more.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned any "prog(progressive) rock, like the band "YES".
I really enjoy YES! i just wasnt listening to it yet.

I cant tell you how many times I've tried to get the local station by work to play this song....but it has been numerous. I have yet to hear them play this one down there...... (weird the beginning of this post I put here kinda sounds like the chorus to CSN and Y's "Southern Cross" for some reason....

I often find myself with a few lines to a song, that won't stop playing in my head..... over and over and over again and I get a brain fart as to the name of the song and the band that did it..... and it drives me nuts. When I start talking about the songs that I like, most think I am ~10 years older than I am.....
often more than "10 years after" they came out...

My brother Doug, is 9 years older than me. Back in 77 when he graduated HS (he got held back in I believe 6th grade it was) Doug had managed a Cheker (remember those?) gas station, as the afternoon manager while he was still in HS. I remember as a
10 year old, riding with him to the mall one afternoon, in an orange 70 Challenger. We went to Pennys, he took his savings from work, plus some money he'd gotten from graduation, and he bought an MCS "Component" stereo system, complete with Zenith Allegro speakers....I was along to help him catty it out to the car and help bring it into the house. Back then I remember if you had a "component" stereo you were "somebody". as opposed to one of those "all in one" units many of us listened to.... "Soundesign" I think they were?
Doug had recorded untold hours of the local (Chicago) rock station of the day via the cassette deck and reciever components of that stereo.
and I remember being threatened about busted fingers or something like that if I touched his stereo.... and the tunes of the day is still what Id rather hear on the radio even this many years later.....

WOW Mickey Thomas sang for Elvin Bishop First

We had tickets for Rod Stewart I think it was up the road at The Mid State Fair. Summer time in Paso Robles is pretty much the same as summer in the Mojave Desert, but the musical acts the got were well worth the torturous heat. Elvin Bishop was not in the main grandstand, but on a free stage. Mickey Thomas had already started his gig with Starship and I was curious to see who was going to be the front man for Elvin Bishop. Much to my surprise, there was Mickey :D I stayed for the second Elvin Bishop show after the big show much to the dislike of the spousal unit :lol:.

I cant tell you how many times I've tried to get the local station by work to play this song....but it has been numerous. I have yet to hear them play this one down there...... (weird the beginning of this post I put here kinda sounds like the chorus to CSN and Y's "Southern Cross" for some reason....

I often find myself with a few lines to a song, that won't stop playing in my head..... over and over and over again and I get a brain fart as to the name of the song and the band that did it..... and it drives me nuts. When I start talking about the songs that I like, most think I am ~10 years older than I am.....
often more than "10 years after" they came out...

My brother Doug, is 9 years older than me. Back in 77 when he graduated HS (he got held back in I believe 6th grade it was) Doug had managed a Cheker (remember those?) gas station, as the afternoon manager while he was still in HS. I remember as a
10 year old, riding with him to the mall one afternoon, in an orange 70 Challenger. We went to Pennys, he took his savings from work, plus some money he'd gotten from graduation, and he bought an MCS "Component" stereo system, complete with Zenith Allegro speakers....I was along to help him catty it out to the car and help bring it into the house. Back then I remember if you had a "component" stereo you were "somebody". as opposed to one of those "all in one" units many of us listened to.... "Soundesign" I think they were?
Doug had recorded untold hours of the local (Chicago) rock station of the day via the cassette deck and reciever components of that stereo.
and I remember being threatened about busted fingers or something like that if I touched his stereo.... and the tunes of the day is still what Id rather hear on the radio even this many years later.....
Component systems. Yup. My brother had a roommate that was an audiophile. Each speaker was the size of the home stereo console cabinet. Going to visit, i could hear the tunes from a block away! Pink Floyd filling the air. They had crazy parties.
Many years later, another roommate, different house.
Guy was a record salesman. One room full of shelves with vinyl. They braced the floor to support the weight. First and last time i saw a turntable base made of cement. No big partys in that house,way too much money in vinyl.

-
Back