For Retired Hippies Only. What are you listening to?

-
Got a box of cassettes at an estate sale...rockin' Iron Butterfly off a 52 year old tape!
s-l1600 (1).jpg

You ready for over 17 minutes of a Vox Continental organ? The entire B side.....

Got a box of cassettes at an estate sale...rockin' Iron Butterfly off a 52 year old tape!
View attachment 1715626641

You ready for over 17 minutes of a Vox Continental organ? The entire B side.....

A buddy of mine's father was the production manager for Ampex in Redwood City. He had connections for all the top end audio components of the day. Helped some that my buddy Brian was a genuine genius and built a 200w amp in electronics in HS. :lol: We had In A Gadda da Vida rockin' on the 12" Ampex reel to reel, windows shakin' doors rattlin' his sister comes in "You gotta turn that down! We can hear it at the end of the block!"

A buddy of mine's father was the production manager for Ampex in Redwood City. He had connections for all the top end audio components of the day. Helped some that my buddy Brian was a genuine genius and built a 200w amp in electronics in HS. :lol: We had In A Gadda da Vida rockin' on the 12" Ampex reel to reel, windows shakin' doors rattlin' his sister comes in "You gotta turn that down! We can hear it at the end of the block!"
My boy comes out to the garage (150W/ch Hitachi SR904 driving 4' JBL 940T speakers) and tells me the same, " you gotta turn that down, it sounds horrible!" Haaa better than "Lil Pumps"....

Sorry about the FB link, good video with Billy Gibbons sitting in. Worth watching if you're on FB, IMHO!
56 Fury

Last edited:
-
Back