For those who like to cook

-
I am so going to try this one. Guaranteed to win me some brownie points with my wife. Have you done it with fish other than halibut?
Only other i have used is grouper. A little less pricey than halibut. But just about any mild tasting fish that has a thick cut filet like these two should work fine.

Eggs Benny , Carne Asada , Crockpot food and anything in my Pit Barrel Smoker!

thought i would share this with you guys...but be warned this is a dangerous recipe
(now, before we get started, let me make clear, i despise pasta)

this one is called "italian nachos"

what you do is, grab yourself a bag of your favorite nacho chips and put them in a bowl (this is really important, they HAVE to be in a bowl)
and wait for the missus to start making some spaghetti
have her make the sauce as she normally does, and wait for her to go and drain the noodles
(this is where it gets dangerous)
when she goes to the sink to drain the noodles, grab the pan of sauce and pour it all over your nachos and voila, italian nachos

Boneless leg of Venison stuffed with Apple Sausage stuffing and wrapped in bacon....melts in your mouth!:elmer:

Homemade pizza...cooked in a slightly warm Big Green Egg....
20181225_155722.jpg
20181225_155522.jpg

How did I miss this thread? Late for the party, but nothing new for me. :rolleyes:

My Dad owned a restaurant when I was a kid. I was cooking as a pro at the ripe old age of 14 when he rousted me out of bed at 0400 one Sunday morning telling me the breakfast cook was in jail for drunk and disorderly, and I was the new chef de jour.

Fast forward an entire life, I've been cooking ever since. In college I got free eats by offering to cook weekend dinners for anyone who would buy the ingredients. I never went hungry. My all-time favorite is Mexican food of just about any variety, but I can and will chef up just about anything and as my waistline will attest, things tend to come out pretty well. I recently got a Traeger smoker and love it, one more tool in the culinary chest.

Cook from a recipe, cook from scratch, cook from some bright idea in my head, it's all good. I rarely turn out a turd that goes down the disposal. Now if I could just figure out how to cook for one (instead of cooking for one hundred).

Now if I could just figure out how to cook for one (instead of cooking for one hundred).

that reminds me of a story Sergeant Davis told

after his heroic actions in vietnam had landed him in the infirmary, somehow he had managed to get a hold of General Westemoreland. the medical personal wanted to send him home, but he convinced the General to convince the doctors to send him back to his outfit
because he was unfit for his previous duties (he was attached to a howitzer crew, i believe) they mad him a cook.
when i met him, it was more then 40 years afterwards and he said he still did all the cooking in his house, just like he learned in the army
the only problem was, he only know how to cook for a battalion

^^^My problem too, so I pack what I can't eat into containers and drive it over to the fire station, they appreciate it.

I do chicken noodle and beef vegatable soups.

Over medium eggs served with grits and thin homemade fried potatoes.

Chili with beans. Lots of crushed tomatoes and a couple stalks of chopped celery added. Sometimes with thin spaghetti added (Wisconsin style).

Homemade corned beef hash made with St Patty's leftovers.

Pan fried walleye.

Lots of other simple recipes I saw my Mom cook thru the years.

-
Back