Ford pulls out of NHRA

-

Darter6

Reaction score
I just heard about this,That leaves John Force Racing Hi & Dry.
Not that I was a fan of JFR team. Pro Stock is about the only Class I follow.Race cars with doors. I guess Larry Morgan got the axe too.
Anybody know more?

Actually saw John Force address that at qualifying for the NC Nationals a couple of weeks ago here at zMax. They did an interview with him after his daughter beat him on their first pass :)

He seemed pretty shaken by it, but you know him, he was very positive and hopeful about the future. He also made a strong statement about the need for sponsors across the board for drag racing.

Ah, the ebb and flow in the world of racing.

LM has never really gotten anything from Ford....

This was announced a couple of months ago...Ford and JFR has a contract thru 2014...

Also Castro has announced it is leaving JFR at the end of 2014 also...

Furd is only leaving the Pro categories...they will continue to be involved with the Mustang Corba Jet program.

Their spooning as I type this!

LOL that would be too funny!

I for one am a fan of John Force, i thing he is a hoot!:D

But to have him "oose mopar" and take that dumb as cover off his eng, pretending, that it is a Ford,..............Priceless!!!!!:cheers:

This stuff happens from time to time depending on corporate fortunes and politics. Ford pulled out of NASCAR in the 71 or 72 season for seven or eight years. It killed our "back-door" parts supply and support, and put us in a Chivvy for the '73 season.

Dooh:-?

DSR, JFR
Did not catch the acronym change:violent1: :D

I would love to see j.force run a mopar body then maybe he will admit to running a HEMI

^^^Yah....he got me....LOL^^^

when they put him on for an interveiw, I turn the sound off, or switch channels for a bit, everyone of his drivers are big mouthed as he is!----bob:joker::joker:

-
Back