Forecast is 86 today, I'm firing up the smoker

-

MVRCorp

Reaction score
Wow, what weather in Colorado this weekend. I pulled out of the freezer a 13 pound turkey ($5.00 @ Xmas) and just picked up a whole brisket for the smoker. I'll be getting it going around 9PM and driving the neighbors nuts by sun up. A few friends are coming over 1PM Sunday to help devour it. Home made potato salad, coleslaw, beans, Texas toast and of course some cold brewskis. I got my rub recipe ready to go and am doing my usual wood chip mix of apple and mesquite with a little hickory thrown in. Now it's time to clean up the deck and prep the smoker for the season. Pictures to come.

Came in to cool off. Its hot and humid here. And i,m fat and out of shape.I,m gonna grill some pork steaks later. With bbq sauce and some pecan smoke on em they are like candy to me.

Came in to cool off. Its hot and humid here. And i,m fat and out of shape.I,m gonna grill some pork steaks later. With bbq sauce and some pecan smoke on em they are like candy to me.

Haven't used pecan much but it sounds great for pork chops. I just saw it for sale this morning at HD.

Snow :banghead: today here in Sweden, just below freezing point.

I'm doing two 8 pound pork butts tomorrow morning. I use hickory because my friend took down a tree and I got a bunch for free!!

There's a westerly wind here in NE Iowa.......I can smell it from here! Yum!!!

tmm

I had both the Daytona and Convertible Challenger out today in southern Illinois. I'm gonna need a few bad weekends before I have the Duster ready.

I had both the Daytona and Convertible Challenger out today in southern Illinois. I'm gonna need a few bad weekends before I have the Duster ready.

Sure was nice, I drove through there just a while ago.

On a side note do you know what the name of the dragstrip is that I right next to 57 around Zeigler?

Well, it went on the smoker 40 minutes ago. The turkey is timed to midnight and I'll change out the chip pan to apple. Right now the brisket is smoking mesquite and hickory.
Here's the recipe. I mixed and rubbed it 6 hours ago and wrapped it in film. Before I put in on I re-rubbed it with more rub. More to come.

Attachments

• Smokin 2012 002.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 125
  • Smokin 2012 007.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 117
Gotta put the turkey on in 2-1/2 hours so now I'll google up a good turkey rub.

Wooo Hooo............13 pounds and 10 hours later. Brisket comes off in 2 hours.

Attachments

• Smokin 2012 008.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 96
  • Smokin 2012 010.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 96
Inspiring thread for sure :blob::happy2: and like ramcharger drooling over all the good looking food/cooking going on :shaking2:
I think I may sneak off to O-charrlee's and enjoy a 12oz salmon and watch some racing while I get healed up If I can clear it with my better half :D

Must be the season,...I just got back from New Hampshire this morning,...Guys weekend, My cuz trucked his smoker up from Connecticut,,...we did chicken, beef, bluefish, deer, sausage, salmon and ham with seasoned hickory. I'm so full, I can't even look at food. 40 degrees with snow showers, HUGE bonfire, (we actually burned a standing tree),...way too much beer with a bit of Gentleman Jack,...but It sure was fun....Good to be home. Need the 3 S's,...the car smells like smoked Caliber...

Twenty pounds of pork butt and a small point brisket went on the smoker this am!!!

IMG_20120401_075748.jpg

Supposed to be 89 degrees by 4 o'clock, so my wife asked if we could turn on the AC?!?

I hear that. April 1st and I debated turning mine on. This weather is nuts. I think we're in for a long, hot summer. Could be one hell of a storm season.

-
Back