Forgive me my Mopar brothers. I have sinned

-
I'll take a Ford highboy 4x4 any day, really like those trucks.
I like all the old body style fords.
Yup. They were the first to do that and IMO the best looking of the factory tall trucks.

Negatory, it's an old farm truck, it's.had a.hard life by the looks of it. Running on 7 cylinders, barely got it up the ramp onto the dolly. It's a project that will keep me busy for a good long while. School bus yellow inside and out.

View attachment 1715834962

View attachment 1715834963

View attachment 1715834964

View attachment 1715834965
I really like that. Bumpside. Heck yeah. Now, here's the hard part. There's NO WAY to tell from the outside of the engine what it "really" is. The only way is to remove the pan and get the crank casting number and look it up for the stroke. Every single FE engine I have ever seen has "352" cast into it. ALL OF THEM. Whether it's a 332 or 428. Crazy man. Crazy.

We drive by a 71 F250 2wd about 10 times a year for the last 15 years on the way to my bro-in-laws. It sits 20 feet from the farmers fence. It he will not sell it. I ask him 3 or 4 times a year. Kim

It was a C4 as a matter of fact. I was broke 19 year old when I bought that truck and was broker after. LOL

Last/only Ford I ever owned. I know there’s a lot of good ones and I really like a short bed dent side but you know how it is. Just got a bad taste of Fords from that one experience.
Picked up an 88 f 150 in 02... got banged hard. 2 gs..could NOT find a Mopar for anything close.. A/C **** after a few weeks, then the 300... the head had cracked, and been pinned... an Irish Bro loaned me a hundred bucks, and we went to a salvage yard (it's gone now),we were short 50 bucks... Paul busted out 5 or 6 brand new shovels outta the back of the truck. Done deal! He did the lawn maintenance, lawn scaping, pressure washing, for all the Chevron Gas stations for a large area... when the Arabs of who ever took em over, he lost his ***. I even helped him on Some new construction Advance Autos, but after that things went badly... Foreign investors should NOT OWN **** HERE..

Last edited:
I really like that. Bumpside. Heck yeah. Now, here's the hard part. There's NO WAY to tell from the outside of the engine what it "really" is. The only way is to remove the pan and get the crank casting number and look it up for the stroke. Every single FE engine I have ever seen has "352" cast into it. ALL OF THEM. Whether it's a 332 or 428. Crazy man. Crazy.
You are correct.

Ford FE engines
Correction: the 361 and 391 were Edsel engines designated as FT
The only items interchangabale between FE and FT were valve train
The FT engines were designer for torque
361 eng: 303 hp 400 torque

Last edited:
And then you got the really big boys the 477 and the 534 medium and heavy-duty truck engines. Not an FE engine but the architecture has a lot of the same design features only larger.

She’s an oldie, but a goodie! I like the patina on it. With some decent rims and tires, that truck will really make a nice ride

My nephew just got this little gem, he’s 16 and it’s his first vehicle! You’re both in good company.

6C38D72B-1BE6-4AAA-B9F4-0DBDFCFF8638.png

And then you got the really big boys the 477 and the 534 medium and heavy-duty truck engines. Not an FE engine but the architecture has a lot of the same design features only larger.

Wow ! I did not know about those .
They would make some monster strokers ! Lol

IF memory serves, that would be there smallest big block. It is not popular by any means what so ever. There isn’t much for them at all. Like our Poly engines. Good engines, not much out there to hop it up.

From what I remember hearing…. Be careful with that transmission. Don’t hound on it.
Not really. The 352 was the same family (had one in a 65 Galaxie, black with a red interior) and I think the 332 was too.
Edit: Pishta tree'd me. I type slow.

Definitely my second favorite right behind the old power wagons.

Pops had one with a mean 460 when I was a kid. It made a big impression on me as a kid.

If money was no object I would own one for sure.

Nice score!

She’s an oldie, but a goodie! I like the patina on it. With some decent rims and tires, that truck will really make a nice ride

My nephew just got this little gem, he’s 16 and it’s his first vehicle! You’re both in good company.

View attachment 1715835077
That truck looks extremely clean for a 78 or 79.

Really like those trucks. First Ford truck I had was a ‘68. Had Ford trucks my whole life, until 2018. Drove a new Ford, and new Ram. IMO, no comparison. I bought the Ram.

I had a new Ford F100 bought new. 289 3 on tree. One Sat AM bout 1974, an 85 mph drunk hit me head on. Don't know maybe he was going faster? He was racing his girlfriend back to town after an all night drunk. It killed him. I was pulling a gooseneck ftatbed with tractor and such. I guess that weight saved me maybe, and God.
RIP Red Rooster ( truck).

Looked at this a few weeks ago, thought it was overpriced. Seller has dropped the price two times since then, and I had to do it.
'69 F100, 360 big block, granny gear four speed.
Towing it home from Reno to Oregon right now.
Pics to follow, they don't want to load right now.
Learned to drive stick on a pair of 1974 Ford one ton tow trucks. One had a 360, the other a 390. Both were 4 speeds with a bull low 1st gear. Great for popping clutch and doing bunny hops ;).RJ

Those are the Super Duty engines. They have more in common with the 385 series, but truthfully, they have nothing in common with anything else Ford ever made. I've been looking for a 534 for quite some time. I want to put one in a rat rod. lol

-
Back