Formula S color?

67 Formula Color

• Total voters
-

68383GTS

Reaction score
Ok it may be awhlie before I paint my Formula.But I may need to get some paint on it in a month or two.It was a A- silver car with black interior.New metallic red interior came with the car.I have been thinking of a few color combos and I always like different color cars.I like silver but there are so many silver cars on the road today.Here is what I was thinking,what do you guys think?

A-Silver with metallic red interior
B-Black with metallic red interior
E-Dark blue metallic with dark blue interior
K- Medium turquoise metallic with black interior
L- Dark turquoise metallic with black interior
Charcoal gun metal with red interior
or other

I like the silver/metallic red combo. If I was able to have my color choice for a 67 Barracuda, it would be turbine bronze with black or bronze interior. That is my opinion.

68 silver/red barracuda...

Attachments

• Bara67venture72.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 402
Silver with almost any color interior, but the red would look outstanding. Add in the fact you already have it seems like a no brainer to me.

To me red looks great new but does not age well thats my humble opinion.

I had paint mixed for my 72 barracuda called aqua and I think all fish look good in a light turqoise with black int. But really you can't go wrong with any of these color combo's :icon_smi:
Have you ever looked to see if a car is coming and it blends in with the color of the road, I have 8-)

SInce I am not real fond of "silver" on any car I went with the black & red as a first choice...the second choice would be the gun metal & red....... back in the 60's lots of car companies produced the most gawdawful color schemes.....Cadillac being about the worst followed closely by Chrysler products.....can imagine what they were thinking back then ...but HEY back then AVACADO and Turqoise was BIG in the Kitchen...who knows?!?!?
NO OFFENSE TO ANYONE HERE THAT HAS A SILVER CAR but to me from 40 feet it looks like primer...HAD three of them and repainted every one.....
Have a silver Cadi now ( daily Driver ) and the ONLY thing I do not like is the color......AND the fact that NO oNE ever see's it in traffic....they pull out in front of me LIKE I am not even there and it is an Escalade!! NOT SMALL!! I just think they kinda disappear in traffic and as such would never paint a classic car I intended to drive, silver.
I have seen some very nice looking silver cars, just NOT a fav of mine

I went with the Gun meatal with red.I have a 68 Barracuda FB with red exterior and red/maroon interior.I,m not a big fan of the red,so would like to paint the exterior Gun metal.Not to many 68,s in my area period,they,ve all been turned into Hemi race cars.

Looks like so far most like silver/red.Right now I am leaning toward black/red or dark blue/dark blue.
As far a charcoal gun metal I was thinking Viper dark gun metal or I saw a 70-71 Dodge dart dark gun metal that looked good.

Silver/red got my vote. I like most colors (except the original color on my Dart). LOL
I love to go to the Mopar Nats or Farmington and see what combinations are most eye catching. What do you want the car to be? A tough looking pro- streeter needs to be a bold color. Silver, black, and metallic reds are classy colors. You would imagine them with shiny wheels and lots of chrome. Loud and fast cars look best with bold colors like most of Mopars' high impact colors. By the same token, tan's, cream's, light green's, and earth tones in general are associated with Dad's car or "something Grandpa would drive" Don't beat me up on my opinion too bad because there are definitely exceptions. Just my observance. toolman

I was just looking at the "what's the best color for the Duster" thread and there are some nice examples and some really nice exceptions to my opinion.

OK I think I am going to paint it black.Unless I find a dark charcoal I really like.I need to see a Viper with dark charcoal paint again.

Ok Guys I am going back and fourth between black and charcoal metallic.You Guys that voted charcoal have any ideas on the exact shape of charcoal?I am thinking a dark charcoal that looks black from 10-20 feet away.Does anyone have any pics. of a mopar 1967-1968 code 5 charcoal or a 1972 code EA9 charcoal?

If the metallic is too big and you can see it from a distance it always looks dirty. There should be some flecks in direct sunlight up close. IMO

I think silver was pretty rare (AA1 code?), and it's the original color, so that got my vote... and you already have the red interior, so go with it!

I have ruled out silver it seems like 3 out of 5 cars are silver now days.I am sick of seeing silver cars.The original block was junk so the car will not be original anymore anyway.I will probably go with black and if I did not have the red interior I would go with midnight metallic blue.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to end up going with a solid red exterior, too many cars are metallic now. Flat black sixpack hood and a red/black interior.

I will NEVER EVER own another black car. If the bodywork isn't perfect, you SEE it. If it's spring and you live in an area with pollen, you see it. If you park anywhere near a dirt lot/road, you see it. If you have hard water, you SEE it. I just plain HATE the work needed to make a black car look good.

Red cars just go faster. It's a law of nature, like gravity.

OK I think I am going to paint it black.Unless I find a dark charcoal I really like.I need to see a Viper with dark charcoal paint again.

Check out the Senna Ducati 996 bikes of the late 90's. VERY sharp.

If the metallic is too big and you can see it from a distance it always looks dirty. There should be some flecks in direct sunlight up close. IMO

Hey now! Those metallic gold banana seats with the sissy bars didn't look dirty, they looked... um... Well, they didn't look dirty!

I voted gun metal/red. IMO when it comes to red interiors, silver and black exteriors are overdone.

-
Back