found an abandoned car collection

-
I would carry that T-bird out one piece at a time and my backbone is gone LOL

Thanks for the pics

Thanks for the cool pics. Makes you wonder how many forgotten cars are out there in the same situation.
No problem:cheers: It was quite interesting to wander around down there and see all of it. The newest license plate I saw down there was a '98 and none of the window stickers I saw went over '90. They've been down there a while with people picking at them. I'm sure some were scrapping, some were grabbing stuff for themselves. I only would like to pick the parts off the cars to help keep other cars alive. I know that if this land ever changes hands, these cars will hit the crusher because people are ignorant and I think the likely hood of finding the person who has the title for these or cares about them is very unlikely. I'm trying to find the abandoned salvage yard around here and stumbled on this. There used to be a salvage yard here in Buford but it shut its gates around '76? I think. Its way out in the woods somewhere, but my old boss told me it used to flood up and half the cars would be under water. :wack:I'd still like to find it though

I would not remove any parts off the cars, they are not yours, you did not pay for them.
It is one thing to get caught taking pictures, it is a different story if you are caught with car parts walking out of there.
Think jail time, it is not worth it, and since you put this on a public website, you may be blamed for anything that comes up missing.

Then they will just sit down there and rot as people come down and destroy them and smoke meth in them and shoot up.:angry7: I'm sure the original owner is no longer around. The guys who were squatting there had no car or anyway to get around. Hmmm, 16 cars just sitting. Im sure if they actually owned them, they wouldnt of been sittin around smokin meth and shooting up and woulda atleast ghetto rigged one to get around. There's also several burned down trailers on the property. Meth labs anyone? If you saw how many axe blows and bullet holes these cars have taken, it's ridiculous. The Rambler American in there has a box of probably 50 needles in the trunk, all bloody with tourniquets.

wow thanks for such cool pics. I wish there was stuff like that around here. Its awesome that stuff is soooo close to you. Honestly I think you really need to step back and take a look at the situation your in. That rear in that duster could be really valuable to you. If it were me. You bet your as$ that I would be out there with my brother or a friend pulling that thing out. A body 8.75's are getting harder and harder to find. You could make a few bucks. Pay for some needed parts to get zombie dart in tip top shape. Just a thought. Take a piece of trim here or there for the right person its spare cash in your pocket, and with gas prices going through the roof and anticipating 6 dollars a gallon, some money for parts that are at your disposal aint too bad of a thing at all.

Pictures or it's all BS.
I only got the pictures you see here as I didnt have a memory card in my phone. It only holds 30mbs. Its a Samsung Rant if you wanna get as doubtful to look it up. I had to delete some pics to fit others. Such as that pic and the thunderbird's interior filled with old empty glass coke bottles. I'll go back there soon and snap some pics for you of the burnt down trailers and all the needles and junky nests.:-D.

I thought I heard Deliverance music in the background
lol, I'm not even an hour from that area.:toothy10: It definately has that feel where all these cars are sitting. There's 4 or 5 little shacks scattered amongst the cars that about 5-6' square each. They are all filled with trash and chairs, one had a blanket and pillow laid out like someone was sleeping there. This area is well-known for meth heads and meth dealers. I think we have the 3rd or 4th highest meth use rate in Georgia county-wise. There is a neighborhood here called Countryside here in Buford, theres 3 meth dealers right next door to each other on the road my girlfriend lives on there alone. :angry7:

I only got the pictures you see here as I didnt have a memory card in my phone. It only holds 30mbs. Its a Samsung Rant if you wanna get as doubtful to look it up. I had to delete some pics to fit others. Such as that pic and the thunderbird's interior filled with old empty glass coke bottles. I'll go back there soon and snap some pics for you of the burnt down trailers and all the needles and junky nests.:-D.

I'm kidding.

I dunno how I'd haul the 8 3/4 out since its so far in the woods, think it'd be a little hard to carry that thing a half mile out of the woods on my own

disassemble it? and walk it out ... two shafts ... one center chunk .. and one housing.
find and old fridge cart? and put some baja wheels on it:toothy10:

Unless you haven't comfirmed it, I'll bet anything that duster has a 7.1/4 rear, very few dusters came factory with the 8.3/4 unless it was a 340 car, Now if it was a Swinger then yes, for some reason they would drop them in the 318 Swingers, even some slanties, I'm sure its because the Duster was a lower line car, The Swinger was a H priced car, Wouldn't hurt peaking underneath & let us know, I'll bet i'm right!

On that dodge truck though, if you can get the door open, take a peakie at the "axle code", Many of those came with a sure grip factory, some even had 3.91s, if so, that would be worth it.

The T-bird, sure those parts will bring VG $$$, along with the 59 truck. But i will say, i'm with some of the others when they say "DO NOT" start taking parts, You can & possible WILL get shot if anyone around there has any stock in that land or vehicles, plenty of wilderness to dispose of a body lol :shock:, Be VERY VERY careful what you do, i realize its wooded & you will be hidden back there, But all the better for someone to sneak up on you!! :fucyc: & Snakes will be just ONE of the deadly critters you may incounter, there are also Spiders, The "brown recluse" comes to mind.

Don't go in there alone to be picking parts.Bring a couple of buddies and a 12 gauge. Meth heads might think you are the FEDS coming to get them. When I was a teen ager we ran up on shiners like that and almost did not make it out. Not a funny situation at all.

Abandoned or not, taking parts that don't belong to you is STEALING. I am really disappointed that so many members here are encouraging you to steal parts from someone...

I'll probably just take more pictures of whats down there next time. walked 2 miles even further in and was still seeing cars. But I started to see more and more tree stands. Also, found a pit filled with old bugs cut into several pieces and the just tossed in with old fridges and appliances. :angry7:

-
Back