Found another one

-

furyfrank

Reaction score
:violent1::violent1:Looking at phoenix craigslist found another dummy, he has a 1961 lancer which looks like a nice car except he put a chevy engine in it. I am not good on a computer otherwise I would post the ad.:violent1: sorry but that really bugs me .

The only 4 door that I really like the looks of!

It dont bother me what is under the hood. At least he saved a toad from the crusher which did not have much value to begin with. Think of it as long as the early A is cheap things will be done to them.

I guess he thinks his toad is worth something did you see the price he is asking.

Attachments

• IMG_1863.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 313
Probably has more than the asking price in body and paint alone, not to mention the drive train. Hate to say it, but if my toad's 6 cyl motor and auto trans doesnt work, I might do the same thing he did. Just keep the hood shut at the shows.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/attachment.php?attachmentid=1714795207&stc=1&d=1424644646
First of all you can put a 318,340 or 360 or even rebuilt the 6 into a hyper pak and then you don't have to keep the hood closed. The last thing I would do is put a chevy into it and when you try to sell it most mopar guys will walk away from it. I know this for a fact after going to car shows most mopar guys if it has a chevy or something else will walk away. So you really limit your market.

00R0R_bKc8wD1tozu_600x450.jpg

First of all you can put a 318,340 or 360 or even rebuilt the 6 into a hyper pak and then you don't have to keep the hood closed. The last thing I would do is put a chevy into it and when you try to sell it most mopar guys will walk away from it. I know this for a fact after going to car shows most mopar guys if it has a chevy or something else will walk away. So you really limit your market.

As if they are not worth more in parts anyway. I love how people want to buy a complete one for less than 2 grand but complain when it gets parted or a Chevy motor in it.

Until people quit putting Barrett-Jackson prices on anything MOPAR related this will continue.By the way I'd drive that car in a minute.

Until people quit putting Barrett-Jackson prices on anything MOPAR related this will continue.By the way I'd drive that car in a minute.

Why? Is increases the value of the old mopars. Barret jackson doesnt set prices. the people buying them do. Why is this a hard concept to undertsand? Anythig Mopar I have realized is expensive. I have built 2 cars in the last couple of years and I have more in the cuda than I had in either car before. And I have much less work on this one.

It would be a fantastic opportunity to see how fast you can spin a Chevy engine until they pop.

Just need to buy a drop in engine and tranny, and some new tires after you drive over all those rods.

wow! now I feel like a wealthy man! makes my old toad look to be worth a fortune!! :LOL!!
B J ??? I remember, what 20 years ago, I first saw the clone appear. guys were taking a 69 satelittle and cloning a 383 road chicken, putting a fast redo on the car, takng it to B J to flip. I wondered back then why??? a REAL 383 runner project wasn't exactly expensive to start with!! why clone something they made what? 90,000 of????? clone a 69 hemi runner, I see the point.
for those that don't know, ever since the economy tanked back 7-8 years ago, car and parts prices are down from where they were. yes old mopar parts have always been more expensive than GM stuff. the real cost of restoring an average project car, is the price of resto parts, body/paint materials, machine work, or any labor you have to pay for??? the price of our ( especially A body project cars) are relatively cheap. IMO..

back to the valiant. yes, more likely it will eventually sell for whats its worth, ( unless the seller is on bad dope). hopefully a mopar guy will get it, give the engine to a chevy friend for a c ase of beer ( its worth!?) LOL). and drop at least a slant back in! LOL

Well I think some of the mopar purists are partly to blame for this. We did not save enough old mopars, they just went to the crusher. Now if its not a cuda or challenger or hemi anything we dont care about them. For the Chevy engine you can build the whole thing for less then a set of pistons for anything mopar. Im not putting Chevy engines in my mopars but it might get to that someday with all old Mopar iron getting used up. Might not have much of a choice, and yes better to have that car on the road with Chevy in it then crushed. IMO.

Why? Is increases the value of the old mopars. Barret jackson doesnt set prices. the people buying them do. Why is this a hard concept to undertsand? Anythig Mopar I have realized is expensive. I have built 2 cars in the last couple of years and I have more in the cuda than I had in either car before. And I have much less work on this one.

It also increases value of GM and Ford so tell me why it cost's more to buy parts for Mopar's. So you're saying it's ok with you that we have to pay stupid prices for Mopar stuff ?:???:

-
Back