Frame Connectors bolt in or weld in?

-

fishman

Reaction score
Got a new Mancini flyer and looking at frame connectors. The weld in's are $190 and the bolt in are $140. Can't I get the bolt in and just weld them. I was also looking at the lakewood drive shaft loop they sell thats is $27. Trying to get the 69 cuda ready to run at the Little guy nationals at VA. motorsports park in May. I was just going to make the loop but for that price I'm thinking twice. Wanted to hear some thoughts for ya'll. Thanks Tom

Go to bigblockdart.com and in the tech section it shows how to make your own frame connectors. It will be a lot cheaper.

Yes you can weld in "bolt in" frame connectors. You can also buy a piece of 2"x2" or 2"x3" tubing and weld that in as well....for less than $50

I just welded in a set of the Mopar bolt ins. I like them, I had to modify to fit around my torque boxes. Probably not the best or cheapest solution, but I'm happy with the out come. Car feels great now!

Yes you can weld in "bolt in" frame connectors. You can also buy a piece of 2"x2" or 2"x3" tubing and weld that in as well....for less than $50

Use 2"x3" for mine, a whole lot cheaper and fits like a glove and welded in (always).

Terry

Fabricated my own from 2"x2" box tubing. Turned out great. Just need a welder and band saw.

I have zero fab skills and limited tools, so I bought the bolt in MP ones from Mancini and a buddy of mine welded them in nice and tight. It immediately made a difference in the way my dart rides and drives. They are a good investment for a driveway mechanic like myself.

That brings up a whole other topic, how to install subframe connectors.
Obviously a lift would be ideal, but how would the average driveway mechanic get them put in using a couple of jack stands and a welder? Does the car have to be level or could I jack up the rear/front of the car really ( evenly ) high and just weld away?

We did mine on a drive on lift, that was ideal. It allowed us to adjust the t bars and get everything level before welding them in.

If I was going to do it on a garage floor, I would support the car using the suspension, jackstands under the rearend and lower control arms.

I have been considering purchasing the bolt in connectors from summit. Seems like everyone has welded them in. Would it be safe to bolt them in? My car is probably lucky to be making 300hp. So it's not a 1/4 monster. Just a comftorable crusier. I don't have a mig welder. Has anyone bolted these in before with success?

Thanks

whatever you buy..weld them in...

i also made a set out of 2 x 3 square tubing...got the tubing free...

I installed the Mancini bolt in, they fit perfect we bolted them in then welded them , its nice because you bolt them in so there mounted secure and it makes welding them easy

It's not the horsepower that's the issue, it's the support on the car to improve handling (at least in my case).

-
Back