-
Status
Not open for further replies.

framehunter

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Turn's out my beautiful 66 Signet is rotten to the core.. !?

It needs a full frame swap. The car must have sat in the garage for 30 years, corroding. Everything is clean, interior, paint... but the frame is rotten.

I'm in New York City.

Holler if you have anything or any leads!

I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not gonna give up on the car!

Thanks!
R

you do realize it is a uni-body? you are going to have to find a good parts car , run an add here for rails, or find a clean car to put your parts on.

First things first, Welcome to FABO!
Unless you have a deep attachment to the car, do yourself a favor and buy a rust free shell and transfer all of the good stuff you have over.
You will save yourself a pile of work and headaches.
And to boot, you will have yourself a better car when you are finished.
You know, we love pics!

Comments on here are right, swapping frame rails isn't a weekend job, swap cars my friend. There is other rust lurking there as well...

you do realize it is a uni-body? you are going to have to find a good parts car , run an add here for rails, or find a clean car to put your parts on.

First things first, Welcome to FABO!
Unless you have a deep attachment to the car, do yourself a favor and buy a rust free shell and transfer all of the good stuff you have over.
You will save yourself a pile of work and headaches.
And to boot, you will have yourself a better car when you are finished.
You know, we love pics!

Comments on here are right, swapping frame rails isn't a weekend job, swap cars my friend. There is other rust lurking there as well...

Agreed on all accounts above.
The only thing that unbolts is the k frame and the rest is cut, replace, modify and weld. Much easier to fine a good base car and move the goodies over.

Welcome!
I too love the '66 Valiant Signet models. But if it's really that bad it isn't worth the effort to save it - start with a nice solid car.

Thanks guys. Yeah, I've talked to my guys and they're saying the same thing. Full swap. Ken in new jersey. Im going to pm you today. Either way it's gonna be work... But fun.

it's pretty on the outside... the interior's pretty much spotless as well.

Attachments

• photo-5.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 274
  • photo-7.JPG
    168.3 KB · Views: 289
That is a really nice looking car. Was that for sale on Craigslist recently as a low mileage car?

Im in SC. but I have a non titled 66 dart Gt. willing to let the whole car go, cheap. Need the space for my other projects.

Yeah, I put it up on craigslist just to see if anyone was interested and got a good amount of response. That was right before I discovered the extent of the rust. Sent a message breaking the bad rust news to everyone i was communicating with.

It only has 57k on it.

I'm in the same boat with the SAME car here in wis,Only I bought it from a member here and when the transport showed up and I got the sight of the frame rails my *** pucked,I got taken for a ride and now I sit with a 66 valiant not knowing what to do--Here is a lesson boys: DO NOT trust pictures,Get a airplane ticket and go see the car in person THEN have it transported !!!!!! I lost thousands of $$$$$$$$$ Lesson learned partner--Steve

The importance of having a vapour barrier on the floor of the garage to prevent this exact senario. If the cost of the work will acceed the price of another 66 Signet with zero rust issues, then buy another. Unless your the original owner with bill of sale and everything is matching number then fixing it might be something to seriously think about.
If you are going to fix it, do it right or don't waste your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back