Front disc brake hose fitting sizes?

-

Victorslik

Reaction score
Got a good deal on Fr disc set up (72 duster, sbp) for the 67 barracuda. Can anybody tell me what size fitting the brake hoses are for each end of each hose? I'm betting somebody here knows right off the top of their head. I have MC, prop valve etc covered. They all show different p/n's 67 vs 72 but every parts store has to order in the hoses and none of there listings show fitting sizes. Thanks in advance. While searching for this answer in the forum, a member mentioned having NAPA make custom hoses. I knew they made lines for heavy equip, etc but never thought of having brake lines made there. Anybody have experience?

If you are using KH fixed caliper 4 piston disk parts.

Just choose a year and car

Like 68 Dart Or 72 duster, or 67 barracuda

And order all the parts based on that.

67 front disk hose

Screenshot_20230904-210832.png

The only thing I have a recollection about is the sway bar changed at some point (73 I think) and that changed the orientation of the caliper and the hoses.

But 67( probably 66) thru 72 are the same.

The proportioning valve did change in there from a distro block and a separate valve to a combination valve that has the distro and the proportioning valve in one. ( might have been 70 or 71 up?)

67 thru 70?

Uses these parts.

Screenshot_20230904-210157.png

Screenshot_20230904-210137.png

71? up uses this.

Screenshot_20230904-210436.png

Last edited:
Awesome, yes, thank you. Multiple online stores show it to be the same calipers 67 vs 72 and local parts store has 2 hoses in stock for our 67. I was going to buy them and cross my fingers but now feeling somewhat confident. Thanks again, 'slik.

Assuming all the parts (especially the caliper bracket for the hose) is all '72, just order it for that year. That bracket changed early on from a multipoint fitting to a round fitting with a flat spot to lock it into the bracket. '68 was still the early style and by 1970 they started the newer style. Not sure about '69. Not a big deal as the clip will hold either hose, but, why not just get the correct one to begin with.

Last edited:
-
Back