front end parts

-

dr.demon

dr.demon
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals have any of you out there used PST for upper and lower ball joints. My Demon needs some front end work and the cost from the local front end shop that I trust said with Moog parts will cost 1200.00 looking for some options. Thanks

I was told a price like that for all front end parts from the shops, only cost's like $250 for a front end kit on here or from a local parts shop, I saved $1,200 by getting all the parts myself from a local shop, and getting all the bushing's pressed in from a local machine shop. Just trying to save u some paper for you Mopar,

-75dodgedart

Hey thanks man I also know someone who can press in the bushings for me. Still wondering if anyone has used PST kits.

Has anyone ever used PST front suspention products before? Just looking for some verification before I go ahead and order,

I haven't used PST parts myself, but I know some people that have and have only heard good things about them.

I plan on getting UCA and strut rod bushings from them this winter.

i have used pst in the past for a complete front end kit for my 68 barracuda.it was ok BUT the only thing i didn't like is that all the parts could be from different vendors (i.e trw.moog,and brands i never heard of) i was going to order a kit just last month from them and asked if this was still the way they made up there kits and it is. they will not package up just one brand of parts.
terry

I did the "super" kit from them a couple of years ago. Couldn't be happier with the kit and installation was a no brainer. Thumbs up!

i have used pst in the past for a complete front end kit for my 68 barracuda.it was ok BUT the only thing i didn't like is that all the parts could be from different vendors (i.e trw.moog,and brands i never heard of) i was going to order a kit just last month from them and asked if this was still the way they made up there kits and it is. they will not package up just one brand of parts.
terry
That's why I didn't buy from PST ... the phone rep couldn't tell me what brand they were. I ended up buying a few NOS pieces off Ebay, got the rest from Rock Auto. It was more work, but I got exactly what I wanted. I wasn't in a rush, but if I was, I might have gone with the PST just to get it all in one quick shot.

I used the deluxe PST kit. I'm sure most of the parts are made overseas but they fit good and worked great. Mike

071309_1736[01].jpg

I have a PST kit right now that I'm working with and like the others have said, all the parts are in unmarked plastic bags. No way to tell who made them. They seem ok. The kit was complete, no missing parts.

PST is a member on this forum and should be chiming in soon.

:cheers:Great info guys I am going to the Nats next weekend and will probably purchase a complete kit there. Maybe PST or someone else will have a Nats special going on. :yawinkle:

I just ordered all Moog parts from Rock auto all except pitman arm and idler arm for $260 including shippping...I ordered thursday night around 9 pm and recieved all the parts on fed ex saturday morning...and that was standard shipping....I am fully impressed...all American made parts.

O K that is good to know, I wonder if they will be at the Nats? I am going to buy this front end kit from someone, but PST and Rock have not chimed in at all. I'me waiting:clock:

Rockauto will not be at the nats, if that's what you're asking. rockauto.com is the place to buy from them. They aren't going to have complete kits, you have to put the parts together yourself.

Hey guys and gals have any of you out there used PST for upper and lower ball joints. My Demon needs some front end work and the cost from the local front end shop that I trust said with Moog parts will cost 1200.00 looking for some options. Thanks

Try Kanter Auto Parts in Ny state.
I just did my entire fronet end, upper a arm bushings, upper and lower ball joints, tie rod ends, drag link, pitman arm, replacement rubber bushings, everything for half of what you listed. My own labor, and it wasn't that bad, except pressing out/replacing the bushings in the upper a arms, which I had a machine shop do.

I have a 1974 Dart Sport 3pd stick, leaning tower of power.
Anyone got a spare K-member?

Jaye

-
Back