front end rebuild suggestions needed

-

Colohusker

Reaction score
I'm going to swap the /6 torsion bars in the son's Duster over Christmas break, and just looking for suggestions on what else to replace while we're at it, and whether to go with poly or rubber components?

It's a 70 Duster with a 318/904 drivetrain with the 7 1/4 rear still. It's been upgraded to front discs from a 75 Dart, and upper and lower ball joints are new from that upgrade this summer. Going with Just Suspension's 1.00 bars since it's almost entirely street driven and might see a strip once a year.

I'm thinking it would be a good time for LCA and UCA bushings and strut bushings, but can't decide whether stock rubber or poly replacements, and is there anything else to replace while we have it apart?

Thanks,
Scott

I agree, you might as well do the bushings while in there. The LCA's have to move rearward anyway to do the strut rod bushings. Personally, I'd stick with rubber.

I have smaller torsion bars than that, front sway bar, KYB shocks, and rubber bushings and the front is pretty stiff. And that's with a 440.

Might want to consider replacing the pitman and idler arms while you've got it apart. For a street car, I prefer rubber bushings.

Might want to consider replacing the pitman and idler arms while you've got it apart. For a street car, I prefer rubber bushings.

Oh yeah. At least do the idler if there's any vertical play at all. And heck, for a few more bucks you can do the tie rod ends.

-
Back