Front end rebuild

-

LImopar

Reaction score
I am just about ready to do a disc brake swap on my 70 dart and while I am at it I am going to rebuild the front end. I have the spindles, calipers, dust shields, rotors, upper and low control arms from a donor 1973 duster. My questions are:
Can I use the lower control arms that are on the car?
Do I buy inner and outer tie rod ends for a 70 dart or 73 duster?
Do I buy lower ball joints for a 70 dart or 73 duster?
Are there any places that sell a complete kit with Moog parts or should I go with poly bushings?
What idler arm do I buy?

Id like to know the answer to this as well...I believe you can use the lower control arms that are on your car already...as far as lower ball joints and inner/outer tie rod ends i havent a clue myself.

Out of curiosity, I looked and Autozone has the same tie rod P/N for both years. Same with blower ball joints. Hopefully their website is accurate and I'm not giving you bum scoop, lol.

My questions are:
Can I use the lower control arms that are on the car? YES
Do I buy inner and outer tie rod ends for a 70 dart or 73 duster?
either or - I do recommend the larger C body 11/16 and a new tie rod sleeve to remove flex
Do I buy lower ball joints for a 70 dart or 73 duster? they are the same
Are there any places that sell a complete kit with Moog parts call around
or should I go with poly bushings? go with Poly - i just took my 12 year old poly bushings out and they were fine, the one rubber part, the LCA bushing was rubber and shot!
What idler arm do I buy?70 - but i do believe they are the same

Thanks for all the help guys. I guess it is time to start dropping some $ on parts. The front end on the 70 is SCARY right now.

check with Rockauto for your balljoints and tierod ends. The Spicer line is good quality and priced right IMO. PSC has a good deal on the poly bushing set.

I am installing the Energy Suspension poly Hyper Flex System on my 73 Dart right now. It claims it fits 66-76 abodies. Seems like a quality kit. It comes with everything that was originally rubber. Front and rear and even the sway bar bushings. It should help tighten up that front end.

Buy the lower ball joints that go with the spindle you are installing.
If you plan to replace all 4 tie rod ends you can spend more and buy the larger C-body ends but you will need to buy the larger adjusting sleeves too. Mo money and more confusion next time they need replaced.

-
Back