Front shock lower mount

-

ocrj

Reaction score
Could anyone tell me if there should be any sort of washer or bracket on the lower shock mount bolt of a 65 Valiant? Putting on some new shocks and noticed the previous owner has a "L" shaped bracket being used as a washer off the lower front shock mount bolt?

Sounds like a aftermarket sway bar attachment bracket that uses the lower shock bolt as a mounting point.Maybe?

Possibly. Car was set up to go straight when I bought it so it doesn't have a sway bar on it.

I bought an aftermarket front bar from pst and it does have the angled bracket on the shock bolt to attach. For a '69 but I'd still bet that what it is.

So if I have no plans on running a sway bar just remove it and use the nut and bolt?

Many of the cars I have parted out just had a lock washer on the nut side

Many of the cars I have parted out just had a lock washer on the nut side

Pretty good memory you got... I've parted out and worked on many Mopars myself... so I just went out and crawled under one and looked... I found 7/16 bolt (Grade eight) with a washer on the bolt head side and on the other side... a flanged locking nut... (but, no lock washer)

ocrj, Use what you got... if it don't have a locking nut, use a lock washer... You just don't need that "L" bracket unless you want to use it as it does not hurt anything!

Clif of Az :coffee2:

-
Back