Front Suspension kits?

-

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
I am unable to find a thread about this so I figured I would start one. I have a '65 Barracuda that I recently got a '73-'76 disc brake setup for & I want to get the swap started. I want to rebuild the whole front end while I have everything apart & off the car. I have been looking for front end kits. I am, as most people these days on a budget. I have 2 kits that I am currently looking at; the Original Performance Super Front End Kit from PST which is $329 right now with their Winter Special Deal & a Graphite Polyurethane Performance Front End Rebuild Kit from Performance Suspension Components (PSC) which is $234 right now with their 10% off sale. The PSC kit does not come with the Upper Cam & Bolt kit or Tie Rod Adjusting sleeves. It does not list Stabilizer link kits or sway bar bushings but they are in the picture so I will call to check; I plan on buying a sway bar to add & it will come with those.
1. Any opinions on which kit to use? Has anyone used either?
2. Do I need the cam & bolt kit? I can get Tie Rod sleeves at local auto parts store, are they worth the extra $ from PST?
3. Any suggestions on a front sway bar kit, my car did not come with one & my lower control arms do not have sway bar tabs?

Thanks for any & all information ahead of time. This site continues to be an excellent resource, especially for DIYers. Drive a Mopar & have a great day!

PST has good products, i've used 2 of their poly kits. i'm pretty sure the c body tie rods are interchangable with a bodies, but they're much heavier duty. should be able to get them from an auto parts store or rockauto.

I'm needin the same info but I'm working on a 72 Duster. Will the later kit work with the 72 control arms and which sway bar do I need to get for it? Also will the steering linkage work from the 72? It shows different part numbers at the parts store for the later ones. Any help would be great

I'm needin the same info but I'm working on a 72 Duster. Will the later kit work with the 72 control arms and which sway bar do I need to get for it? Also will the steering linkage work from the 72? It shows different part numbers at the parts store for the later ones. Any help would be great

It appears my thread has been hijacked. It is no matter I guess, my main question is in regards to quality & if anyone has used either kit. I really do not want to buy a kit for 1 application & then start buying other pieces from different cars if I already have them in the kit. These parts are way too expensive to buy things separately or twice. I just want my car to handle nicely & be safer, a stock kit should do just that. Thanks again for any info.

Sorry. Just needed the same info and a little bit more. I hear the earlier and later sway bars wont interchange with each other. If you get the kit I dont know which one you would have to specify for the earlier lower control arms. Im planning on getting one of the pst kits myself

I am not sure if the PST kit is worth almost $100 more just for cam bolts & tie rod sleeves unless PSC is not good quality. I really can't afford to find out after the fact. I also still need to figure out where I am getting my front & rear sway bars, I would like to do the front at the same time that I have the whole front end apart. I don't care who hijacks as long as I get some decent advice. The thread is looking a touch empty so far.

The PST kits come with a limited lifetime warranty and they are sponsors/members of this website. They also offer you a discount on the sway bar when you buy the front end kit.

I bought my kit from them a few months back but haven't even opened the box yet!!

100 people have viewed & this is all the info that is out there, seriously? Am I posting wrong? Is there a thread somewhere that I am missing? I really can't just throw money away & was looking for some first hand info with these kits.

As far as front end kits go, PST has everything you need. In my opinion, get the polygraphite kit. The bushings will not degrade like rubber which will keep you happier. As far as the eccentric bolts go, you would have to evaluate the existing ones on your car. When the other guy suggested C-body tie rods, he was trying to point you to PST's kit that upgrades your stock tie rods from 1/2" to the heavy duty C-body 11/16" ones. This is a great upgrade. I have the PST poly kit and C-body tie rods on my Barracuda. I have not seen their sway bars. I would suggest Firm Feel's sway bars. They fit like factory and all they do is make parts for Mopars. They race what they sell also. Get good shocks too, like KYB, Bilstein or Edelbrock.

firm feel also sells a tie rod up grade with there solid lock nut adjusters and moog inner and outer tie rods in your choice of stock a-body 9/16 or larger c-body 11/16 stay away from any kit that doesnt use moog parts they are more than worth the extra money http://www.firmfeel.com/tierods_a.htm

I am unable to find a thread about this so I figured I would start one. I have a '65 Barracuda that I recently got a '73-'76 disc brake setup for & I want to get the swap started. I want to rebuild the whole front end while I have everything apart & off the car. I have been looking for front end kits. I am, as most people these days on a budget. I have 2 kits that I am currently looking at; the Original Performance Super Front End Kit from PST which is $329 right now with their Winter Special Deal & a Graphite Polyurethane Performance Front End Rebuild Kit from Performance Suspension Components (PSC) which is $234 right now with their 10% off sale. The PSC kit does not come with the Upper Cam & Bolt kit or Tie Rod Adjusting sleeves. It does not list Stabilizer link kits or sway bar bushings but they are in the picture so I will call to check; I plan on buying a sway bar to add & it will come with those.
1. Any opinions on which kit to use? Has anyone used either?
2. Do I need the cam & bolt kit? I can get Tie Rod sleeves at local auto parts store, are they worth the extra $ from PST?
3. Any suggestions on a front sway bar kit, my car did not come with one & my lower control arms do not have sway bar tabs?

Thanks for any & all information ahead of time. This site continues to be an excellent resource, especially for DIYers. Drive a Mopar & have a great day!

Glenn,

I happen to be partial to the PST kit myself but I might be a little biased :-D

There are lots of options when it comes to Front End Kits. We were the first to offer them and sell literally thousands of the Mopar kits each year. Every kit we sell is backed by a Lifetime Limited Warranty and is shipped free to the 48 US States.

We have a full time customer service staff - we've been in business for 25 years and we're here to stay.

Our kits are the most complete on the market. In my opinion, it's worth it to replace those extra components while you're in there. Tearing down a front end is time consuming and it's frustrating to have to tear it down again just to replace those couple components that you missed the first time around.

We have a 1-1/8" Front Sway Bar that is $149 when purchased with a Front End Kit ($169 separately). If your budget allows, it's always a good idea to upgrade the rear with the front for optimal handling. The rear bar is the same price - $149. We have 3/4" and 7/8" available.

Thanks for your interest in PST. And thanks to all of you members who keep recommending us!

I put a PST kit in my 66 Dart this summer. Everything fit great and it really made an improvement in the ride, handling, and the quietness. (no more clunks and bang noises.) I got the deluxe OEM style rubber kit with all the tie rod ends and adjusting sleeves. I figured If I do it now I won't have to do it again. PST
has my vote.. toolmanmike

071309_1737[00].jpg

071309_1736[01].jpg

071309_1737[01].jpg

I used a PST kit back in 92 and it was great, wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again. Call the vendor for an exact quote, especially if you want to add or substitute parts.

I ordered the kit for my 65 from ESPO Springs & Things. Nice folks to deal with.

Most kits regardless of vendor will have OEM quality parts made by TRW, Moog or McQuay-Norris. Same stuff your local parts house would sell, or your local alignment shop would install.

I put the PST super polygraphite front end kit in my 71 dart last year and it really improved the ride alot. I'm happy with it, get good shocks I have KYB all around.

does any one have pics of how the PST front sway bar fits on an early 63 to 66 A-body? I have a factory 67 to 72 bar but it is to wide for the LCA tabs on my 66, all I see on PST web site is one part # for 63 to 72, thanks

does any one have pics of how the PST front sway bar fits on an early 63 to 66 A-body? I have a factory 67 to 72 bar but it is to wide for the LCA tabs on my 66, all I see on PST web site is one part # for 63 to 72, thanks

I have one at home that I just got. It comes with brackets to bolt on using the lower shock bolt. It is not the greatest design but it will work. I am going to get the bracket tacked in place once everything is bolted up.
Check this link for some pics of homemade tabs: http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=80282&highlight=sway
I am not sure the bar will work with LCAs that already have tabs, the bar appears to be too wide as you have realized. Hope this helps.

-
Back